Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23

Evening all and up the Spurs! 😂

Just out of the tube and my lad and I were speculating whether Conte would be gone by the time our phone signals came back - am only half joking, it had the feel of ‘that’ sort of day.

The club is a joke. Rightfully a laughing stock.

Without scrolling endlessly through SM I’m guessing there’s some kind of binary split between blaming ENIC/Levy and blaming Conte. Why can’t it be both parties’ fault?

I won’t rehash the anti-ENIC arguments again - just see the laughing stock comment above.

Conte is the interesting one. From Spurs fans I know there’s been an almost generational split in favour/against him. From the get go, old farts like myself held our noses and hoped he’d get on with winning and establishing some kind of style. There isn’t one. It’s shambolic. Players who won golden boots last season falling off a Cliff. Another, in Bissouma - who the whole division wanted - has regressed so far in half a season it can’t be the player. Brain dead, muscle football. No guile, skill and technique.

Just a stubborn refusal to change, scapegoating of certain players and constant drama over a contract. A fraud

And yeah, tourists everywhere. So quiet at times you could hear the players talking and shouting. Some of those said tourists were behind me. 2 Yanks who complained about the atmosphere. Can’t blame them really

It was an interesting tactical watch today from the stands (honestly). When they got their opener (Hugo should be pensioned off), they didn’t change shape or drop off as you’d expect. They sensed Spurs were there for the taking…they became more adventurous as the game worse on. Spurs offered nothing

What difference, erm 3 days make!
What a difference playing on the front foot in the 2nd half makes...

Kane onto 198 prem goals in 300 games, and only 2 off the great Jimmy Greaves' club record in all competitions. As good a creative player as De Bruyne, as good a centre forward as Haaland - what a player he is.

I've finally figured out Eric Dier - he's Michael Dawson. Whenever Dawson played alongside the likes of Tony Gardner or Younes Kaboul he looked nervy and had a mistake in him. When he played alongside Jon Woodgate or Ledley King, imperious and every bit their equal. The difference between very good and great; the greats can play alongside anyone, but the very goods still have their use, as long as (e.g.) a world cup winning Argentine is alongside him.

Great to finally see something of Gil.... clearly a play maker, hope he gets more action
Left footed, playing off the right, busy, good feet. The only thing missing from the Kulusevski tribute act is the upper body strength and scrappiness that Kulu brings. Plenty to work with though, there's a player there in Bryan Gil.

Left footed, playing off the right, busy, good feet. The only thing missing from the Kulusevski tribute act is the upper body strength and scrappiness that Kulu brings. Plenty to work with though, there's a player there in Bryan Gil.
i was expecting him to start on the left, isnt that his more traditional position?

It won't be the Premier League who prevents it happening though. After Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle you wonder if they'd allow Islamic State to buy a club.

Qatar buying a club whose fans call themselves the Yids would be an interesting one though.

It won't be the Premier League who prevents it happening though. After Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle you wonder if they'd allow Islamic State to buy a club.

Qatar buying a club whose fans call themselves the Yids would be an interesting one though.
Spurs will be coming out on the pitch to 'cool for cats' in a year or two

66616369-11639693-image-a-9_1673860808150.jpg

66616373-11639693-image-a-8_1673860784569.jpg

66616375-11639693-image-a-10_1673860852453.jpg

“A man has been charged with assaulting an Arsenal player after a match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday, 15 January.

“Joseph Watts, 35 (23.06.87) of Hackney was charged on Tuesday, 17 January with assault by beating, going onto an area adjacent to playing area and throwing a missile onto a football playing area, both contrary to the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

“He is due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 17 February."

(Source: Metropolitan Police)

Hello, we've turned up!

Half time, 2-0 up. Away from home. Against Man City.

Complete opposite to Sunday's pedestrian performance. Sharp in the tackle, quick to push up and press, with the inside forwards in touching distance of Kane and the wing backs looking forwards. City have as usual had lots of possession but we've looked right on it.

Man City are just brilliant when they get going. 3-2, it's a brilliant game but aaaaaaaaargh
It's been the getting going that's been our problem since just before the World Cup. Hard luck tonight, I really thought you'd done us, and our league chances, at half-time.

There are five clubs who have a lot more spending power than Spurs, and Arsenal might have a little more too, so fifth is probably about right.

Back
Top Bottom