Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women’s Football (aka ‘Football’) 2022/23

Some grim stuff being reported from the NWSL (US league) with the publication of the Yates report into abuse/misconduct within the league, you can read an overview here which also links to the full report if you want to read it.
Yates’ report, which took nearly a year to complete, notes that leaders at the U.S. Soccer Federation and the NWSL were repeatedly made aware of complaints against specific coaches and perpetrators, including Paul Riley and Rory Dames. The report calls the sport’s abuse problem “systemic, spanning multiple teams, coaches, and victims. Abuse in the NWSL is rooted in a deeper culture in women’s soccer.”
This quote which I saw picked out elsewhere paints a sadly unsurprising picture:
Sally Yates said:
abusive coaches moved from team to team, laundered by press releases thanking them for their service, and positive references from teams that minimized or even concealed misconduct. those at the NWSL and USSF in a position to correct the record stayed silent. and no one at the teams, the League, or the Federation demanded better of coaches.
Statement from the NWSL Players Association which I can only find in jpg form:
FeKffK7agAAbl4m

I like it, lesson for England not to piss about near their goal. A pen worth a kick in the face. More exciting than most friendlies. Yes very lucky actually (just called offside, must be about 20 mins behind....)

Following the Welsh tradition of heartbreaking defeat...... :( (for those who didn't see, a winning Swiss goal in the final seconds of extra time, with space conceded partly due to a change in formation because of a substitution brought on for penalties)

Following the Welsh tradition of heartbreaking defeat...... :( (for those who didn't see, a winning Swiss goal in the final seconds of extra time, with space conceded partly due to a change in formation because of a substitution brought on for penalties)
I heard the goal come through on the commentary. Gutted for them.

Great result! Scotland had a team of much better players but Pauw’s side has grit. As for the singing, did Declan Rice no harm ultimately.

Back
Top Bottom