Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

View attachment 429944

At the time of posting none of the websites reporting this have offered an explanation or link to the online story. But I for one can’t wait to see how that plays out, because Vader is not known to be all that much into apologising to others.

Looks like it's from 2013, when Star Wars fans outraged a few locals by joining a military parade

When members of the Army, Navy and Royal Air Force paraded through the streets of Shepton Mallet in Somerset, the film fans decided to join in.
The group - including a Darth Vader, several Imperial Stormtroopers and Scout Troopers, a TIE Fighter pilot and a handful of Jedis - marched directly behind the army band.

But local resident Nick Tolson, a former Air Cadet, accused the group of "thinking they were more important than the army". He wrote on Facebook: "I was annoyed at the disrespect shown to our services by the 'Star Wars' actors who decided that they were more important than the army and the air force and marched directly behind the army band in the parade from the Market Place to the Park.

"Great Britain respects its forces by having a strict order of protocol on parades. The Navy are the senior service, followed by the Army followed by the Air Force. It does not mention Star Wars characters."

Brilliant story all round :D

The 50ft four-letter word by 'Deeside Banksy' is much ruder than it first looks​

0_AFRDPW180624CockGraffiti_03.jpg

IMG_6863.jpeg

A DEER has met an OTTER in SALFORD:
I used to go caddying on that golf course when I was about 12-13 years old. Back then, you got 50p for traipsing around 18 holes with some posh twat's heavy golf bag. Still, 50p got me into Old Trafford back then :thumbs:

I used to go caddying on that golf course when I was about 12-13 years old. Back then, you got 50p for traipsing around 18 holes with some posh twat's heavy golf bag. Still, 50p got me into Old Trafford back then :thumbs:
Did you ever get to meet an otter? And/or a deer?

Mum and son who launched 'pillow with hole' with £50 make £500k a year​

The pair say they are are changing lives and even “saving marriages" with their unique design

pillow with a hole in it

What were you thinking?! It's for sore ears!

Tim Leigh, 39, and his mother Judy Leigh, 63, launched The Original Pillow with a Hole – a unique pillow designed to eliminate ear pain by reducing friction and pressure – approximately a decade ago.

The idea came from Judy who had suffered from chronic ear pain since the age of nine and used makeshift solutions to sleep comfortably, such as resting with her ears between a teddy bear’s legs. One night, in sheer frustration, she “tore a hole straight through a pillow” and “plonked” her ear into it – and after sleeping through the night, this is how The Original Pillow with a Hole was born.

Mum and son who launched 'pillow with hole' with £50 make £500k a year

Back
Top Bottom