Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Elections 2023

Tories had a surge here, doubling their vote share from 10 to 20%, but still failed to win a seat. They were the only party to oppose the proposed Cambridge congestion charge.

the line from UKIP, who have lost every single remaining district & county councillor they had left
The party's chairman, Ben Walker, said UKIP still has about 30 parish councillors, himself among them, after last week's local elections. "It certainly wasn't a disaster based on what we thought we'd get from these elections," he told the BBC.

talk about managing expectations

Crazy that a one-trick pony party - all about destroying a supranational entity ever got purchase in local elections - but I would guess that most people who even bother to vote are not focussed on local issues. I know I'm not.

So it seems UKIP's replacement loony party won all its six seats in Derby.

1683702045128.png

Last edited:
Crazy that a one-trick pony party - all about destroying a supranational entity ever got purchase in local elections - but I would guess that most people who even bother to vote are not focussed on local issues. I know I'm not.

So it seems UKIP's replacement loony party won all its six seats in Derby.

View attachment 374080
I spotted them earlier, they were listed as Reform Derby and their manifesto/website was primarily locally focussed

I spotted them earlier, they were listed as Reform Derby and their manifesto/website was primarily locally focussed
Sorry I should have quoted your post.
I watched an undercover thing about the whole thing - football violence and BNP connections, pig parts buried in mosque foundations etc ...
Must have been Derby ...
Tice featured in it...

Sorry I should have quoted your post.
I watched an undercover thing about the whole thing - football violence and BNP connections, pig parts buried in mosque foundations etc ...
Must have been Derby ...
Tice featured in it...
They are populist ragbags. Not sure why they polled well in Derby tbh and I haven't looked at Reform manifestos in other places so can't say whether the focus on localism was a general tactic or specific to Derby. Can't see them doing well nationally at a GE though tbh.

I would hope we'd see less of Reform on broadcast TV now but since their leader and his wife have a show on talk tv and she's regularly on shows like Question Time, I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Well, Yapton is just up the road from me, here in West Sussex.

And, I know someone that went to Beckers Green school in Braintree.

These must be made up he says disbelievingly.

View attachment 375088

Wreake Valley was mentioned during my Best Man's speech at my wedding. I know Barrow upon Soar well enough. And we always drove through Old Leake (and Wrangle) when we went on holiday to Skegness as nippers.

Tardebigge is not far from where I live now as are the Lickey Hills.

There's a 600km bike ride which I've ridden a few times that used to be called "To Holl and back" because it went through Holland Fen. It also goes past Misterton.

The rest of the place names are obviously made up though.

Back
Top Bottom