Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

"Give me the cats and nobody gets hurt."

According to police, the caller said he awoke to a gun pointed at his head. The caller said the suspect was demanding the two cats at the residence, and actually took one of the cats when he left. Police say it is believed the suspect knew the homeowner.

"Give me the cats and nobody gets hurt."

According to police, the caller said he awoke to a gun pointed at his head. The caller said the suspect was demanding the two cats at the residence, and actually took one of the cats when he left. Police say it is believed the suspect knew the homeowner.

Felineous assault surely.

Leigh Brandon told Cwmbran Life the number of crows starring in hit movies had inspired her idea. She decided Cwmbran would be the perfect location after spotting the link during a Google search...

She said: “I’m a movie buff and it struck me how these beautiful birds crop up in films of every genre. People love crows, people love movies... The crow is the unsung hero of the film world and Cwmbran is going to change that."

UPDATE

The Gazette has now managed to get the full story. You were ALL WRONG! It wasn't a pissed-up 20-something male!!

Anyway, there is good advice here from a firefighter, so I will pass it along:

A teen was treated by paramedics after becoming trapped in a swing for more than two hours.

A 13-year-old girl trapped inside a swing in a play park off Tram Lane in Kirkby Lonsdale had to be freed by firefighters.

Fire crews arrived at about 1.30pm on Tuesday where they discovered the teen had been stuck in a swing designed for toddlers and young children for more than two hours.
Jamie Coward, station manager at Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service, advised the public not to delay calling emergency services if they are in need of assistance.

“With situations like this, people can feel embarrassed to call the fire service, but it is always better to call us instead of remaining in a difficult situation for a long time.
During the incident, an ambulance was called and the 13-year-old was attended to by paramedics for related injuries.
The teen was cut out from the children’s swing using small tools and a hydraulic pedal cutter.
Crews were in attendance for about 45 minutes.
Mr Coward said fire crews had attended a number of callouts of a similar nature over the years.
“We have attended a fair number of callouts to children's play areas after people have become stuck in equipment,” he said.
“Our advice is don’t put yourself in that position – but if you do, call 999.”

Couple buy new build next to a massive busy dual carriageway and complain about noise:

Couple complaining about dual carriageway noise complain about being trolled.

UPDATE

The Gazette has now managed to get the full story. You were ALL WRONG! It wasn't a pissed-up 20-something male!!

Anyway, there is good advice here from a firefighter, so I will pass it along:

A teen was treated by paramedics after becoming trapped in a swing for more than two hours.

A 13-year-old girl trapped inside a swing in a play park off Tram Lane in Kirkby Lonsdale had to be freed by firefighters.

Fire crews arrived at about 1.30pm on Tuesday where they discovered the teen had been stuck in a swing designed for toddlers and young children for more than two hours.
Jamie Coward, station manager at Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service, advised the public not to delay calling emergency services if they are in need of assistance.

“With situations like this, people can feel embarrassed to call the fire service, but it is always better to call us instead of remaining in a difficult situation for a long time.
During the incident, an ambulance was called and the 13-year-old was attended to by paramedics for related injuries.
The teen was cut out from the children’s swing using small tools and a hydraulic pedal cutter.
Crews were in attendance for about 45 minutes.
Mr Coward said fire crews had attended a number of callouts of a similar nature over the years.
“We have attended a fair number of callouts to children's play areas after people have become stuck in equipment,” he said.
“Our advice is don’t put yourself in that position – but if you do, call 999.”

Surely that's a pisstake - a Crow-themed park run by someone named Leigh Brandon?
The date made me suspicious as well. :hmm: If it is a pisstake, it's quite a subtle/plausible one though.

Back
Top Bottom