Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Newspaper Headlines!

Further demonstrating how few reporters my local rag has now, and how desperate they are to put any old shite on their website.

Who the fuck wants to see EIGHT photos of cars queuing? :hmm:

And, this one, I am scared to click on. :bigeyes:

This book is "guaranteed to get people excited about their vegetables"

EwOMI0PXAAIgkIK

I was watching an old episode of Room 101, and someone wanted to put local TV news in Room 101, because it's simply not local enough to be relevant.

That gave Frank Skinner the chance to take the piss out of local newspaper photographs having to tell the whole story, as if their readers can't read, here's the 4 examples -

20210325_151857.jpg

Heavily pregnant woman refused bus travel because she had too many 5p pieces.

20210325_152034.jpg

Man discovers 21 inch, 3 & half pound cucumber in his greenhouse.

20210325_152016.jpg

Hoteliers complain about noise levels for north pier, Blackpool.

And, here's a classic that regularly comes up...

20210325_151957.jpg

Residents warns someone will be seriously injured on pot holed road.

I was watching an old episode of Room 101, and someone wanted to put local TV news in Room 101, because it's simply not local enough to be relevant.

That gave Frank Skinner the chance to take the piss out of local newspaper photographs having to tell the whole story, as if their readers can't read, here's the 4 examples -

View attachment 260332

Heavily pregnant woman refused bus travel because she had too many 5p pieces.

View attachment 260335

Man discovers 21 inch, 3 & half pound cucumber in his greenhouse.

View attachment 260334

Hoteliers complain about noise levels for north pier, Blackpool.

And, here's a classic that regularly comes up...

View attachment 260333

Residents warns someone will be seriously injured on pot holed road.
It's easy to take the piss, but those are all actually pretty good photos which illustrate their respective stories simply and succinctly.

And I bet the photographer didn't have their lens hood on backwards either...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but, this thread is about taking the piss. :mad:
I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't take the piss, I realise everyone needs a fun hobby, especially in these difficult times.

Plus I wanted to get a reference to lens hoods in somewhere and this seemed like an ideal opportunity.

Meanwhile in Worthing...

A BIZARRE billboard advertising luxury seafront apartments has left passers-by scratching their heads - as it appears to show a young woman who has collapsed.

But a giant billboard in front of the apartment block, displaying an artist's impression of the development, hides a macabre scene at its centre.

Those looking closely at the artist's rendering of a bustling seafront showing people going about their day, can see a seemingly unconscious young woman.

2t.jpg

The young red-headed woman with a pink top is seen lying motionless on her back with a young man and woman leaning over her.

The out-of-place image, right in the middle of the billboard, is made even more bizarre by the fact that all the other people on the advert are simply going about their lives as if nothing is wrong.

2tt.jpg

And the strange scene has left viewers of the billboard scratching their heads - or laughing out loud.

After a video of the billboard was shared on TikTok, one person commented: "I used to live right next to that and I thought the same thing."

And another wrote: "I'm not going to heaven anymore, I laughed out loud at that."

Meanwhile, a third person commented "just a lady dying", followed by laughing face emojis.

:D

Back
Top Bottom