Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kirstie Allsopp discussion

Without being contentious, Allsop has a point - her kids are blates not at the local comp, they will be private schooled- that means about 6 weeks a year extra holidays for them - lots of time to fill and if they can *save* a couple of grand on each long haul flight, then it does indeed mean another holiday is more likely.

Anyway, Allsopp's just copying Gordon Ramsey who said exactly the same thing about six months ago. The Beckhams travel with all their kids in first with them. Most rich people I deal with tend to fly in first and have their kids in business with the nanny. Although as they get richer and richer we see far more of them avoiding the hoi polloi entirely and flying privately.

I've had the kids kicking my seat for a whole flight to discover the father had booked several rows in front to have a rest while leaving mother with their darling little rats. Don't know who she is but how do we get her on a no fly list :)

Why would you not want to travel with your kids? Unless of course your kids were twats, in which case they shouldn't be inflicted upon the travelling public at all.
Posh people seldom spend any time with their children. Pre-school they're with nannies. School age, they're boarders (and when at home looked after by staff anyway). And on holiday they're either in a different part of the plane, signed up to "kids' club", or left in the holiday apartment for kidnappers to help themselves to.

Recon this may be a tax and accounting thing, her flights as a biz expense, theirs are not. Who knows who cares. Teaching kids to be confident and independent is a good thing though.

I pay an extra tenner or so and go for extra legroom seats on my easyjet flights- but I am significantly bigger than my family members - does this count ?

Her kids probably wish their car had a separate business class and economy sections if it meant freedom from her.

Age 11. Sat on the same plane. Can hardly get lost at 24000 feet.

At age 11 I was catching a bus to the train station, catching the train from Cardiff to Barry Island and roaming the funfare and beach with my mate.

Coddled generations these days.

Why would you not want to travel with your kids? Unless of course your kids were twats, in which case they shouldn't be inflicted upon the travelling public at all.

In her defence she's said that club class should be a huge treat you've worked hard for and the reason for not seating them up front is to not spoil them, and also to save money to do other things with the kids. Nothing about not wanting to sit with them. This is entirely manufactured outrage.

I bet there's loads of things parents pay more for themselves than their 12 yr olds (e.g. hairdressers, smartphones, designer clothes etc) but wouldn't do the same for their kids for the same reason. Kids don't need certain things like business class seats at stupid prices and are probably better in the long run for not being given them on a plate.

What is club class? Never heard of it.

Is it business class or first class?
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub'
Look, mami, I got the X if you into takin' drugs
I'm into havin' sex, I ain't into makin' love
So come give me a hug if you're into gettin' rubbed.

Class!

Obviously no business class on board, but Ryanair has recently made a policy of deliberately splitting up any people travelling together who don't pay to reserve seats. I'd recommend any parents who'd like to discreetly be apart from their little bundles of joy during a flight to choose Ryanair, then blame the issue on the airline :thumbs:

Obviously no business class on board, but Ryanair has recently made a policy of deliberately splitting up any people travelling together who don't pay to reserve seats. I'd recommend any parents who'd like to discreetly be apart from their little bundles of joy during a flight to choose Ryanair, then blame the issue on the airline :thumbs:

I do this, I gently explain that due to seating policy we'll be split up, them on Ryanair, me on BA.

:) Hey All kids are twats at least half the time, as much as I would panic like fuck if we were separated. Last easyJet flight I was on I thought they had put me and the boy in different rows, I was nearly tearful but thankfully I had read it wrong!

I think it was because last time we were flying he was 2 and had started crying. Now he can speak I discover that the ears popping drive him nuts so he likely annoyed everyone around us for the whole flight. That’s ma boy :thumbs:

Isn't this what boarding schools are for?
"Dear Airline, I hate my children and have managed to only see them over the hols for the last 15 years. The last thing I want is for them to spoil my holiday. As you seem quite able to lose my Gucci luggage each Summer, would you also mind doing the same with Tarquin and Lucinda?"

Posh people seldom spend any time with their children. Pre-school they're with nannies. School age, they're boarders (and when at home looked after by staff anyway). And on holiday they're either in a different part of the plane, signed up to "kids' club", or left in the holiday apartment for kidnappers to help themselves to.

It's part of how they perpetuate their privilege across generations.
Make sure the kids are sufficiently broken by the time they reach adulthood that they can do the things they need to do to stay rich.

We spent a three hour flight last year with a kid behind us continually kicking the backs of our seats. Mum sat right there, clearly had zero interest in controlling the child despite our repeated pleas. Mrs Frank has back pain at the best of times so she was really suffering because of this festering polyp of a child.

When the plane landed and everyone got up to leave, the mum tripped over her own handbag and went flat on her face in the aisle. We laughed at her. Then we saw her again in the terminal and laughed at her again.

Back
Top Bottom