Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel/Gaza: UK crackdown and backlash

Disinformation courtesy of one Mr. Jim Henderson and the Fail:

yeah that smelt of bullshit from the off

Didn't he also claim (jh) to have been in the signals lot when he's photographed wearing a paras beret? Elderly poppy seller ‘punched and kicked’ by pro-Palestine protesters

1699483310052.png

Is this just turning into an all-purpose "think of a weird sentence and then write it down" thread?

Speaking of which...

London Gaza rally: Braverman accuses Met of bias over Gaza marches

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has accused the Metropolitan Police of "playing favourites" over its handling of pro-Palestinian protests. Writing in The Times, she said right-wing protests that became aggressive were often stopped, while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were permitted.

I suspected it was bullshit, it just didn't make any sense, looks like the police have come to the same conclusion.

I put this on the Braverman thread...

She married Rael Braverman, a manager of the Mercedes-Benz Group, whom Braverman described as a "very proud member of the Jewish community", in February 2018 at the House of Commons. Rael Braverman lived in Israel, and Suella Braverman told The Jewish Chronicle that she has "close family members who serve in the IDF" LINK

Sorry, who's bias?

David Baddiel apologised for racist behaviour in the 1990s in the program.

In the program, broadcast in Nov 2022 to be clear. A program in which he was looking at anti-semitism, and presumably had to finally address the elephant in the room.

One of the things I really hate about Braverman is her attitude that because her husband doesn't like solidarity protests for Palestinians, all Jews must want them stopped. Ugh.

I dislike the not-so subtle implication that were it not for her J00 husband, her attitude to all this might be different.

ffs.

Last edited:
One of the things I really hate about Braverman is her attitude that because her husband doesn't like solidarity protests for Palestinians, all Jews must want them stopped. Ugh.

For me the most repugnant aspect of Netanyahu's PR is the constant assertion that his government represents Jewish interests. It's the reverse of the truth.

If he was genuinely sorry, he'd understand that given his past behaviour it's not appropriate for him to set himself up as an authority on racism.
Has he tried to do that, though - "set himself up as an authority on racism"? Or is he just trying to make a point about how Jewish people are perceived in contemporary British society and politics?

Has he tried to do that, though - "set himself up as an authority on racism"? Or is he just trying to make a point about how Jewish people are perceived in contemporary British society and politics?

Make a point about racism is one thing. Write a book and produce a TV series about it, that's another.

His past actions will inevitably affect the strength of any point he makes on this subject, even if it's a good one. That's supposed to happen. There are supposed to be consequences when you do something shit that causes people harm.

Back
Top Bottom