Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel a bit shit this morning. Sore arm, tired, headache, bleh.

Much the same but nothing significant or that's stopping me doing anything but a bit warm/fluey, not so much a headache, more like a little tightness behind the eyes, some pain at the injection sites and in my booster arm, I had periods of random wrist/elbow joint pain last night/this morning - where it seems to have moved to my thumb..

In Aberdeen, the centre is the former John Lewis store - So you queue-up in what was mens clothing, get vaccinated in the former seasonal goods area and wait-out your fifteen in Haberdashery, with Christmas music playing!

Mrs Fish was saying that she has been finding it very difficult to book a slot for her booster due to demand and problems verifying her status on their system. She is fully up to date though. Her dad was contacted directly and vaccinated by the nurse at his GP, prob due to his age.

Whoever planned this should have made sure the needles were being adminstered in the haberdashery area.

gsv is due his on 16th, so he should have recovered from any effects by the time I have mine.

My 15 min wait has just begun, fortunately there is no music Xmas or otherwise
I have had Pfizer this time, last time I had AZ
Eldest has texted me that she has managed to get the last spot on the car park

I had my flu jab this morning in my right arm and, because they said as long as it is in the other arm the same day is fine, I did a walk in Moderna Covid Booster in my left, less than an hour later.

The person giving the booster seemed convinced I will get some side effects (from one or the other) and she swore by Paracetamol so I bought some in case.

Two less things on my todo list!

Decided to go with same arm as the flu vaccine on Monday. Thought there is no point having two sore arms & it currently doesn't feel any worse. I think I had the Pfizer but was not told. Asked another jabee in the 15 minute waiting zone & she said she had the Pfizer so presume the same. Will check my NHS app in a couple of days to be sure.

Didn't they give you a business card sized thing with the details written on it? Mine did.

Not this time for me. I was given a leaflet on the booster and info sheet/tear-off strip of A4 with tick boxes that detailed my age group, combinations of vaccine to be given and the 6-month check, with date of my second vaccination.

No not this time.

Had one for the first two.
Didn't give me a business card either this time (I forgot to take the little card with me this time), they did write the batch number on a piece of paper which I've saved on my computer but I imagine it will be visible to the NHS
almost five and a half hours have passed and no symptoms so far

At my place they gave me back my initial card with my first two shots detailed on it and gave me a new one with just this booster detailed on it.
That's more or less what happened with me. I had to walk up to a desk on the way out to get the new one but they didn't want to see the original card.

On my previous two visits I was asked to go to the desk on my way out but wasn't for the booster. I just assumed I had to.

Had Moderna on Tuesday morning along with flu jab. Other than some bruise-like soreness in injection sites for 24-36 hours (now gone) no side effects. First two were AZ.

Just in time, I think :(

Checked the NHS app & it was a phizer jab. Nothing but a sore arm so far but am drinking a couple of Henry Weston's vintage. :thumbs:

Hmm, I had the Moderna booster, now Phizer are saying theirs works against Omicron.
No news from Moderna yet. :(

Had an appointment for Monday, but am now self-isolating after result from PCR test, so re-booked for the day after that finishes.

On the plus side, going by the vaccination venue, am hoping I will end up being triple-Pfizered plus homegrown antibodies.

Back
Top Bottom