Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comirnaty comes from Community + mRNA.

It's frankly quite embarrassing.

Is there any explanation as to why the names have been changed in the middle of the process, with little or no pre-publicity?

Even without the unfortunate choice of name, it seems an unnecessary step to take, and one which is only likely to add confusion into a situation where significant numbers of people are already nervous and/or hesitant.
I had someone expand on how medicine brand names come from quite a thorough process involving a lot of people/experts in this particular field as they need to be distinctive, not easily confused with other brand name and a whole host of other stuff before they can get approved. <--that is the tl;dr of what I read.

I had someone expand on how medicine brand names come from quite a thorough process involving a lot of people/experts in this particular field as they need to be distinctive, not easily confused with other brand name and a whole host of other stuff before they can get approved. <--that is the tl;dr of what I read.

I’ve worked in pharmaceuticals for a couple of decades but the brand naming bit has always befuddled me.

If it was me and someone wanted to market something called “Ibuleve” I’d accuse them of deliberately trying to gain a competitive advantage by building an affirmation into their product name.

I met a 16 year old today who was getting a booster. Are they catching up with everyone then? I didn’t ask after their health so they could have qualified for the booster because of that, but I was still quite surprised

I met a 16 year old today who was getting a booster. Are they catching up with everyone then? I didn’t ask after their health so they could have qualified for the booster because of that, but I was still quite surprised
They must have been in one of the groups in this list (from nhs site):
  • people aged 40 and over
  • people who live and work in care homes
  • frontline health and social care workers
  • people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
  • people aged 16 and over who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
  • people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.

I’ve worked in pharmaceuticals for a couple of decades but the brand naming bit has always befuddled me.

If it was me and someone wanted to market something called “Ibuleve” I’d accuse them of deliberately trying to gain a competitive advantage by building an affirmation into their product name.

Have you heard of the two ladies who invent the names for generics? It’s getting harder to do as time goes on!

Got a booster booked for today 💪🏼 The booking system made me…sad? I chose a date and time and it said ‘Soz, no availability then. Tap to go back’ so I went back and chose another time… and got confirmations for both times 🙃

Luckily it’s 1050 and 1105 so not horribly inconvenient for me personally, but I’m genuinely slightly upset that it doesn’t just work properly 🙁 I’ve booked gig tickets, restaurant reservations, food & drink brought to my table from 10 metres away and ordered goods online countless times through countless different systems recently and never had that issue. It’s just shit and wrong that this is the thing that’s half-arsed, you know?

Got mine booked for Jan 9th, but not sure whether to try to rebook now that they dropped the gap to 3 months. A few weeks probably won't make any difference, I suppose.

The woman who booked me in said I was getting Pfizer, the guy who stuck the needle in also called it Pfizer, I did notice the leaflet mentioned Cominraty whatever but paid little attention, it did amuse me that the second lady who read down the list of questions was clearly getting bored with it. It's been a while since someone asked me (a 60+ balding male) whether or not I'm pregnant.
As I waited in the long queue for my booster I did ponder how much time could be saved by the simple expedient of having the list of questions printed on the sheet they gave me as I waited with an instruction to read the list and then be asked just the single question "have you read the list and does anything on it apply apply to you" at the jab point?

It does assume of course that a enough brits can both read and follow a simple instruction after being told just the once.

As I waited in the long queue for my booster I did ponder how much time could be saved by the simple expedient of having the list of questions printed on the sheet they gave me as I waited with an instruction to read the list and then be asked just the single question "have you read the list and does anything on it apply apply to you" at the jab point?

It does assume of course that a enough brits can both read and follow a simple instruction after being told just the once.

Shit something we might agree on! :p There is a slight element of fear of legal action and/or being in trouble within the NHS that drives a few things, so sometimes simple ideas like that you would think are common sense to do aren't as someone's (usually anxious manager) has gone "Yeah, but what if...". And the fear is that 'what if?' turns out to be the illiterate person that then has an anaphylaxis shock to something you didn't ask them specifically about (shit example but you get what I mean hopefully). There are also a few legal people that will try and sue the NHS any chance they get, and even if they don't win it can be stressful and time consuming for staff.

:rolleyes:Got a booster booked for today 💪🏼 The booking system made me…sad? I chose a date and time and it said ‘Soz, no availability then. Tap to go back’ so I went back and chose another time… and got confirmations for both times 🙃

Luckily it’s 1050 and 1105 so not horribly inconvenient for me personally, but I’m genuinely slightly upset that it doesn’t just work properly 🙁 I’ve booked gig tickets, restaurant reservations, food & drink brought to my table from 10 metres away and ordered goods online countless times through countless different systems recently and never had that issue. It’s just shit and wrong that this is the thing that’s half-arsed, you know?

Yes that exactly happened to me (with different days).

There's a link for you to "manage or cancel appointments" :thumbs:
When you click it, it takes you to a dead end page that says you aren't currently eligible to book an appointment :rolleyes:

Which makes me :mad::(
So I filled in the "customer satisfaction" form as many times as I could be bothered to explain that it would be useful to be able to cancel or manage appointments.

(I guess it's because I've had 2 jabs & it isn't set up to handle the booster? )

Got mine booked for Jan 9th, but not sure whether to try to rebook now that they dropped the gap to 3 months. A few weeks probably won't make any difference, I suppose.
You can available dates on the site before you cancel your current booking and start again. However you can only check dates at the same place as your current booking. I moved mine from jan 5th to dec 23rd.

Got a booster booked for today 💪🏼 The booking system made me…sad? I chose a date and time and it said ‘Soz, no availability then. Tap to go back’ so I went back and chose another time… and got confirmations for both times 🙃

Yes that exactly happened to me (with different days).

There's a link for you to "manage or cancel appointments" :thumbs:
When you click it, it takes you to a dead end page that says you aren't currently eligible to book an appointment :rolleyes:

Which makes me :mad::(
So I filled in the "customer satisfaction" form as many times as I could be bothered to explain that it would be useful to be able to cancel or manage appointments.

(I guess it's because I've had 2 jabs & it isn't set up to handle the booster? )
I got the same message, went back and booked an appointment for an hour later, then got texts confirming both bookings and could not circumvent the online system to cancel one, nor get through on the phone. I arrived for the earlier time and suggested perhaps I could come back in an hour and be jabbed again in the other arm but no, they just crossed out the later one.

In my waiting area, they had the opposite problem to making people stay: People were getting so comfy playing Candy Crush on their phones or WFH on their laptops that they were running out of chairs, and the man in charge kept shouting: "Self-time yourselves! Anyone been here longer than 10 minutes -GO!" :D

Passing the pharmacy where I'll be getting my booster next Friday and there's a sizable queue of people waiting outside.

Hopefully this is a positive sign that more people have been encouraged to get it done rather than an indication that there's a problem.

Reactions: Sue
I had very limited immediate / generalised symptoms with my Pfizer booster, but 3 1/2weeks on I am still sometimes slightly aware of the injection site - whereas the flu jab made my whole arm ache up to a week later when I carried heavy shopping home.

Passing the pharmacy where I'll be getting my booster next Friday and there's a sizable queue of people waiting outside.

Hopefully this is a positive sign that more people have been encouraged to get it done rather than an indication that there's a problem.
Yeah, especially given vaccination rates are really low in our neck of the woods.

I had my booster on Monday and they told me the fact would be added to my medical records within a couple of days, but I am still being bombarded daily by the NHS with requests to get my booster.

Not exactly the world’s most awful problem I guess, but if the pharmacy where I had my jab has somehow managed to fuck up notifying The Man, I hope a photo of the paper card they gave me will suffice to convince them to update my vaccination status.

Good news, my "COVID Arm" appears to be on the mend, the heat/redness/puffy skin/itching/sensitivity has now started to subside.

I was a bit alarmed when it first started to flare up days after my Moderna booster jab, but googling about it actually set my mind at rest that it wasn't an infection or early cellulitis and to just wait it out for a few days and it would resolve of its own accord - which it is now starting to do.

Just posting this in case anyone else gets a similar localised reaction to that particular vaccine - Don't Panic!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom