Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had my booster last Friday, I didn't get any side effects other than a sore arm - it isn't sore any more, but my upper arm has been and still is really hot to to the touch. I don't feel unwell or anything and it doesn't hurt, it is just hot.

EDIT: Oh god I just googled and found out there is a thing called Covid Arm which is a topical allergic reaction mostly associated with Moderna which is the one I had.

EDIT AGAIN: Just got OH to check, he confirms my upper arm is really hot and also my skin around the area is very red and a bit puffy - so yeah it looks like I have the above, I feel ok otherwise, will phone 111 in a couple of days if it hasn't cleared up.

Last edited:
Very, very rough after my booster yesterday. I've already had a headache or a few weeks, but it's gone into overdrive today and I've got the shivers. And anti-vax relative is visiting shortly, so I will have to say I'm fine to avoid being told the booster will probably see me off

Much better today - I don't seem to have the headache I'd had for weeks before the booster anymore either!:thumbs:

Well 24hrs have passed and no side effects from yesterday's Pfizer any more than there were from my AZ's back in March and May. I wonder if I'm one of the 30% of the population who might get CoVID and not get any symptoms if they do.
Nonetheless this is a possibility that I am perfectly happy to never put to the test and will dutifully go for my 2022 booster when it gets called.
I think the vaccine centre must be on a productivity bonus, the nice checking in lady asked me how I had got there and when I told her that Eldest was out there looking for a parking space as we spoke she asked
"How old is your daughter?"
When I told her that Eldest was 33 she seemed visibly disappointed, I get the impression that if Eldest had been a few years older, I would have been sent out to encourage her to come in for a booster jab as well on their family plan.

Had moderna yesterday and felt rubbish when in waiting area afterwards, even had to be seen and had blood pressure taken
partner was fine t start with, both had a rough night and not long got up, both had dodgy stomach and hurty arms
Hope don't have to have any more bloody boosters!

MickiQ - perhaps they were worried that they might not have had enough arms booked in, and were looking to use up jags on the walk-in sector ...

My hub apparently alternates between only appointment days, and allowing walk-ins ... they may soon default to the latter status instead of the former to achieve the ramping up of jags to meet the January target.

Still not allowed to book my third dose where I live :mad: Had two pfizers, with second dose in mid Jun, so hopefully I still have reasonable protection, although just about six months gone by now. Looks like it could be Jan for dose 3 for me.

My hub apparently alternates between only appointment days, and allowing walk-ins ... they may soon default to the latter status instead of the former to achieve the ramping up of jags to meet the January target.

FFS, don't mention the ramping up, _Russ_ will be along to say it isn't happening.

I went to get my booster today, and was handed a leaflet telling me I was going to be injected with something called SPIKEVAX, which I'd never heard of and was a bit concerned it was some off-brand vaccine they'd bought from Home Bargains. On googling it, it turns out it was what Moderna is calling their vaccine, but there wasn't anything obvious drawing your attention to this on the leaflet, which I thought was a bit weird - considering how nervous and hesitant people are about all this stuff in the first place you'd think they would go out of their way to explain details like this.

In the end I didn't even get Moderna, they gave me Pfizer instead - which is now called Comirnaty - again with little explanation on the leaflet. :confused:

I went to get my booster today, and was handed a leaflet telling me I was going to be injected with something called SPIKEVAX, which I'd never heard of and was a bit concerned it was some off-brand vaccine they'd bought from Home Bargains. On googling it, it turns out it was what Moderna is calling their vaccine, but there wasn't anything obvious drawing your attention to this on the leaflet, which I thought was a bit weird - considering how nervous and hesitant people are about all this stuff in the first place you'd think they would go out of their way to explain details like this.

In the end I didn't even get Moderna, they gave me Pfizer instead - which is now called Comirnaty - again with little explanation on the leaflet. :confused:
Whoever did the branding on 'SPIKEVAX' was having a giggle weren't they?!:D

Is there any explanation as to why the names have been changed in the middle of the process, with little or no pre-publicity?

Even without the unfortunate choice of name, it seems an unnecessary step to take, and one which is only likely to add confusion into a situation where significant numbers of people are already nervous and/or hesitant.

Is there any explanation as to why the names have been changed in the middle of the process, with little or no pre-publicity?

Even without the unfortunate choice of name, it seems an unnecessary step to take, and one which is only likely to add confusion into a situation where significant numbers of people are already nervous and/or hesitant.
I questioned the guy who was injecting me and he said it's because Moderna and Pfizer are the names of the companies who make them, not the name of the drug - no idea why there's been zero publicity though. he seemed unimpressed with the change too fwiw (I guess he's fielding questions about it allllll day)

The marketing branding of the various vaccines actually happened ages ago but I dont think our media think much of the names so have rarely used them. They are mostly pretty rubbish names and the vaccines arent exactly consumer marketed directly to the public in the UK so I'm not surprised.

I cannot comment on the leaflets used during the booster campaign but the original ones I saw the first time were rather dry too, with not so much attention paid to matching the simple names the public were used to hearing (ie the leaflets often went on and on about stuff using the research name BNT162b2 for the Pfizer jab).

Had moderna yesterday and felt rubbish when in waiting area afterwards, even had to be seen and had blood pressure taken
partner was fine t start with, both had a rough night and not long got up, both had dodgy stomach and hurty arms
Hope don't have to have any more bloody boosters!
I'm pretty sure this is going to be an annual thing towards the end of the year from now on (for a certain age range at least)

BTW, the Oxford/AstraZeneca vac is now called 'Vaxzevria', or 'Covishield' if produced in India.

Here is a lazy article from August about a few of the brand names. The Oxford AZ vaccine has partially vanished down the memory hole in the UK these days, so at least people getting their boosters dont have to grapple with the name Vaxzevria!

Not that the branding is necessarily the same globally. For example a version of the Oxford AZ vaccine is called Covishield in some regions.

edit - oops I was too slow with this post.

I recall that for me the first time around, the dry technical langauge of the leaflet was compensated for by having signs up on the booths saying 'Pfizer given here today'.

The woman who booked me in said I was getting Pfizer, the guy who stuck the needle in also called it Pfizer, I did notice the leaflet mentioned Cominraty whatever but paid little attention, it did amuse me that the second lady who read down the list of questions was clearly getting bored with it. It's been a while since someone asked me (a 60+ balding male) whether or not I'm pregnant.

The woman who booked me in said I was getting Pfizer, the guy who stuck the needle in also called it Pfizer, I did notice the leaflet mentioned Cominraty whatever but paid little attention, it did amuse me that the second lady who read down the list of questions was clearly getting bored with it. It's been a while since someone asked me (a 60+ balding male) whether or not I'm pregnant.

I was just told, 'I guess I don't need to ask if you are pregnant'. :D

I'm having my booster next Friday, so I suppose I'll find out then if they're using name of company or brand names, as well as which actual vaccine it is.

These last few posts made me look at the little record card I picked up off the nurse, after she had stabbed my arm.

There's a sticker on it ...
** BOOSTER VACCINATION **
Pfizer/BioNTech - Comirnaty

and below that, the batch number and date
(she wrote my name across the top, before handing it over and telling me to walk the few yards to the post-vaxx waiting area.)

Back
Top Bottom