Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Badgers, I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't volunteered to help with the vaccination ...
What sort of commitment is involved ?
I did volunteer shifts at the local vaccination centre here during the first wave but they put far too many volunteers on a shift and I got fed up with turning up and just standing around with nothing really to do. Now they keep sending out urgent requests as shifts are short staffed but I (and probably some others) have lost interest.

They also pissed me off when there was a big party planned on the beach and they only wanted men to work the outside slots in case there was trouble. As I and many others pointed out, fielding a posse of older women administering stern motherly admonishments is probably a better tactic for dealing with drunken youths.

Badgers

Q for you - any idea how boosters for the currently housebound are dealt with ?

Someone I know broke both wrists a few weeks ago, and were recently discharged back home [from a care facility] and they are still getting carers visiting. They are retired, don't drive and can't walk far atm.
Can you pm me mate as tied up. Will speak to the vaccine boss tomorrow

I was asked if I wanted a flu jab when I went for the booster. I said yes and then they asked if I was over 50. Hmm
Not everyone under 50 is eligible for a free one. Though they gave my daughter (23) one without asking anything extra. She does live with me, and that makes her eligible because of my health, but they didn't check that first - it was so rapid. I think the doctor was basically willing to assume she was eligible and if not, oh well, one less person getting ill or spreading flu around.

I did volunteer shifts at the local vaccination centre here during the first wave but they put far too many volunteers on a shift and I got fed up with turning up and just standing around with nothing really to do. Now they keep sending out urgent requests as shifts are short staffed but I (and probably some others) have lost interest.

They also pissed me off when there was a big party planned on the beach and they only wanted men to work the outside slots in case there was trouble. As I and many others pointed out, fielding a posse of older women administering stern motherly admonishments is probably a better tactic for dealing with drunken youths.

Yeah. I once worked as a bouncer, which anyone who's ever met me finds hilarious. But it was because I was young and quite small, and often men about to kick off would calm down, because trying to hit me would make them look shit in front of everyone, so it ramped down the tension before my enormous ex-army colleague stepped in if needed. Middle-aged women would be even better.

Had my Pfizer booster this afternoon. Arm's a bit sore, let's see what tomorrow brings.
I kept forgetting I had mine yesterday.

Until I vigorously and enthusiastically rubbed some fake tan into my arms after the shower.

Hopefully the fake tan won't get down the little needle hole and cause any problems with the 5G.

Sitting in vaccine centre. They make you listen to xmas music for 15 mins before you leave. Cant tell what's side effect and whats a natural reaction to mariah carey.
When I had mine yesterday, I asked the lady who jabbed me if I could sit in my car instead. She said I could and gave the other lady policing leavers a shout. I felt like a VIP!

The NHS website should be updated this morning, so over 40s and vulnerable people will be able to book their booster jabs at 3 months after their second.

Millions of people in England will be able to book their Covid booster vaccine on Wednesday as the NHS cuts the qualifying time from six months after a second dose to three.

Every adult aged 40 and over and all those in high-risk groups will be able to arrange their Covid booster jab to take place three months after their second dose as the vaccine programme widens significantly today.

The online booking system for vaccines will be updated in the morning and details will be updated throughout the day, officials revealed on Tuesday night.

Mine's later this morning, Mrs Q is at work so Eldest Q will pop round to run her Dad to the vaccination centre a few miles away, This is touching in one way but scary in another. My parents in their 80's never drive these days but are ferried around when needed by children/grandchildren. My youngest sister took them for their booster jabs. Eldest coming to take me is yet another reminder that I am getting on years and time is catching up with me. She makes any jokes about walking sticks and I will disown her.

I've stopped paying attention recently so must have missed the info about this - are under 40s supposed to get boosters? I had my second jab in July.

I've stopped paying attention recently so must have missed the info about this - are under 40s supposed to get boosters? I had my second jab in July.

It will be rolled-out to under 40s in time, going down in 5-year age groups, like the first round.

Having mine at 11am. Had flu jab on Monday & still a bit tender so think I will go for the other arm & have matching soreness in both arms. :D

Just checked the NHS site, ref cupid_stunt 's post upthread.

The front page has been changed, in line with me hearing over the radio news earlier that some of the changes had been implemented from this morning.

Latest JCVI guidance

The booking system is currently being updated so eligible groups can pre-book a booster dose from 2 months (61 days) after their 2nd dose.

If you are not able to book a booster dose yet, please try again later today or tomorrow.

The NHS is working on plans to offer:

• a booster dose to everyone aged 18 years old and over
  • a booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
  • a 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note that this is not yet available.

We'll update this page once the service is updated. Please wait to be contacted by the NHS.

Sitting in vaccine centre. They make you listen to xmas music for 15 mins before you leave. Cant tell what's side effect and whats a natural reaction to mariah carey.

In Aberdeen, the centre is the former John Lewis store - So you queue-up in what was mens clothing, get vaccinated in the former seasonal goods area and wait-out your fifteen in Haberdashery, with Christmas music playing!

Mrs Fish was saying that she has been finding it very difficult to book a slot for her booster due to demand and problems verifying her status on their system. She is fully up to date though. Her dad was contacted directly and vaccinated by the nurse at his GP, prob due to his age/slight infirmity.

Back
Top Bottom