Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had my 3rd and it was least side-effecty of the lot. Do you have to wait a bit before you can get the flu jab?

I was asked if I wanted a flu jab when I went for the booster. I said yes and then they asked if I was over 50. Hmm
If you are a few months from 50 they will give you a free nhs flu jab (im 49 but got one).
Otherwise i think you have to pay for the flu one unless you have certain medical conditions.
Why its not the same as covid i don't know.

If you are a few months from 50 they will give you a free nhs flu jab (im 49 but got one).
Otherwise i think you have to pay for the flu one unless you have certain medical conditions.
Why its not the same as covid i don't know.

Because, this risk of serious illness and death is a lot lower, plus the NHS & GPs are struggling enough, without putting even more pressure on them to deliver jabs.

Had the booster today. Pfizer, after two Astra Zenecas. I thought of Leafster as the nurse put the lump of cotton wool onto my arm. Still laughing about that - it's exactly the sort of thing I would do!

Hoping not to get any side effects (luckily I had nothing with the first two).

Have now changed vote.

So...

It was originally 6 months between 2nd dose and booster. That was then dropped to 5 months.

Now the government are saying 3 months but it seems the NHS and vaccination centres are still working on 5 months (unless vulnerable).

Had a chap come up today who is due his booster (after 5 months) but Boots and all the local places can't fit him in till second week in January.

Fuck knows...

#worldbeating

So...

It was originally 6 months between 2nd dose and booster. That was then dropped to 5 months.

Now the government are saying 3 months but it seems the NHS and vaccination centres are still working on 5 months (unless vulnerable).

Had a chap come up today who is due his booster (after 5 months) but Boots and all the local places can't fit him in till second week in January.

Fuck knows...

#worldbeating

Actually, it wasn't dropped to 5 months, that was only for booking appointments, the jab itself was still after the 6 month point.

The NHS site is due to be updated later this week, or by next Monday at the latest, to allow bookings after 3 months for older age groups, then it will roll out to younger age groups in stages, much like the original roll-out.

Hope that they can find enough sites.
The "hub" inn the local market town is not going to be large enough for a mass rollout.
Although they're working very quickly with the people & space that they have.

Hope that they can find enough sites.
The "hub" inn the local market town is not going to be large enough for a mass rollout.
Although they're working very quickly with the people & space that they have.

IIRC the plan is to get to an average of 500k jabs a day, it's just under 400K now, but with more pharmacies coming onboard, the extra payments for jabs on Sundays, and the NHS bringing more jabbers back, there's a reasonable chance of getting there.

Have booked my booster for next week at a pharmacy near where I work (via the NHS app).
I'm now getting text invites from my local hub, but am holding off the 'I've booked elsewhere' until I've actually had the needle in my arm.

In other news, the guy who sits opposite me has tested positive for Covid (3 LFTs so far & is waiting for a home PCR test to arrive). He's triple-jabbed, but only had his booster a week or so ago, so I guess it wasn't up to full strength yet. Anyway, he's fine, though he felt pretty rough over the weekend & now has anosmia.

eta I am doing daily tests as a contact (LFTs and a walk-in PCR which I'm due results on today), but all negative so far.

Badgers

Q for you - any idea how boosters for the currently housebound are dealt with ?

Someone I know broke both wrists a few weeks ago, and were recently discharged back home [from a care facility] and they are still getting carers visiting. They are retired, don't drive and can't walk far atm.

I just rang my GP to arrange a flu jab and a booster, flu jab is booked for tomorrow and they said I could do a walk in covid booster the same day as long as it was in my other arm. I chickened out of that but will do a walk in the day after in my other arm.

Pretty slick that I can get them both done so promptly though.

Will report back when the booster is done!

Badgers

Q for you - any idea how boosters for the currently housebound are dealt with ?

Someone I know broke both wrists a few weeks ago, and were recently discharged back home [from a care facility] and they are still getting carers visiting. They are retired, don't drive and can't walk far atm.

Their GP should be dealing with them. Whether they are will a bit depend on the GP and how busy they are, and possibly a little bit depending on how vulnerable the patient is. If they're housebound for a bit they could just wait and get it when they're able to get out again.

Their GP should be dealing with them. Whether they are will a bit depend on the GP and how busy they are, and possibly a little bit depending on how vulnerable the patient is. If they're housebound for a bit they could just wait and get it when they're able to get out again.
Thanks. I'll suggest they tackle their GP.

Their OH is extremely vulnerable - currently awaiting discharge back home from a care facility, after another short hospital visit.

Reactions: LDC
There might be other options, but all the home visits for jabs I've heard of have been done by GP surgery teams. I think one of the issues is some GPs have stopped doing jabs (or least they did before all teh new booster stuff was announced) and people were expected to go to a centre.

Back
Top Bottom