Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
16 hours later and I am still in the "smug club" - sore upper arm but nothing else of note. I did head to bed quite early but I was feeling a nice cosy sort of sleepy rather than fatigued, and slept really well.

I'll have a third one when everybody in the world has had (or been offered) two. Apart from the very vulnerable, I think it's immoral for the uk and other wealthy nations to offer third doses to their already privileged populations while so many people on Earth remain unvaccinated. We should refuse en masse out of solidarity, there's no good reason not to. I'm pretty horrified that otherwise healthy Britons are lining up for a third injection instead of insisting one after another the rest of the world gets a second, or first.

I'm amazed there is not more shouting about this.

Reluctantly.. just had my booster, I'm sitting waiting my 15 mins...

After several calls from my GP surgery plus my boss hassling me for weeks, I've given in and had the booster. It'll shut everyone up, and the final straw was my son wanting to see me 'be brave'. So now he's impressed, my boss will be happy, and I can once again be a good example to the staff I train.

I'm still unhappy it's going this way and that our rich first-world lives are once again / as usual worth the most, but swimming against such a strong tide is a waste of energy :(

Had my booster about an hour and half ago. Quite surprised there wasn't a queue but I think my centre isn't doing walk-ins. I turned up at the allotted time, walked straight in, had the jab and then sat down to wait for 15 minutes.

I'd previously had the AZ for first and second doses but had Pfizer this time.

It did look as though the staff were keeping a very close eye on those waiting the 15 minutes. One bloke kept closing his eyes and I could see someone waiting to "pounce" if something more happened.

I had side-effects with the first AZ for about 24 hours but not the second. I'm hoping I won't have any with the Pfizer but I guess I'll just have to wait to see.

Reluctantly.. just had my booster, I'm sitting waiting my 15 mins...

After several calls from my GP surgery plus my boss hassling me for weeks, I've given in and had the booster. It'll shut everyone up, and the final straw was my son wanting to see me 'be brave'. So now he's impressed, my boss will be happy, and I can once again be a good example to the staff I train.

I'm still unhappy it's going this way and that our rich first-world lives are once again / as usual worth the most, but swimming against such a strong tide is a waste of energy :(
What made it easier for me was so that I could thumb my nose at the antivaxxers I encounter on Paltalk - one of whom trolled me about it immediately omicron became a thing ...

Last edited:
The actual tipping point was being told I won't be able to do care and support work any more if I don't get the booster soon. I could still train because it's not frontline work, but I'd no longer be deployable to Support, HCA or Senior shifts. I'm fully vaccinated so I pass the November deadline, but soon will come a booster deadline too. I've been officially Politely Asked to get mine by the end of the year, or be restricted to training only from January. That's not a sacrifice I'm prepared to make, not when it's for something that's not going to happen anyway. And, also in solidarity with all the people I work with who don't have the luxury of that choice.

I've just been pfizered, hopefully this will boost my super powers to beat the omicron monster.

Just doing my 15 minute wait now. ETA - AZ for the 1st & 2nd doses.

10 minutes in the queue, so not too bad, this GP hub has 5 jabbers and are planning to do 700 people today!

At £15 per jab, that over £10000! [corrected]

Last edited:
Had mine this week, so that's two Pfizers and a Moderna.

I'd describe my body's reaction to them as poorly, poorlier and poorliest. :(

Not looking forward to Covid19 vaccinations becoming a regular thing, but I'd still fight to be at the had the queue nonetheless.

Back home again, I have to say how very impressed I am with how my GP surgery is handling things, they operate a hub that services patients from three other surgeries too.

All the jabbers were nurses this time, and I commented that I thought they had to have a GP on duty just in case, apparently they had three GPs on site getting ahead with normal appointments, so they can run as a vaccination centre 3 days a week, instead of just Sat. & Sun., because of the urgency of getting boosters into arms as quickly as possible.

I might have delayed mine for ethical reasons, but I'm still listed as "vulnerable" and I was nabbed when I had my flu jab ...

I've just been pfizered, hopefully this will boost my super powers to beat the omicron monster.

Just doing my 15 minute wait now. ETA - AZ for the 1st & 2nd doses.

10 minutes in the queue, so not too bad, this GP hub has 5 jabbers and are planning to do 700 people today!

At £15 per jab, that over £1000!
Yes, £10,500 is quite a bit over £1000
Not meaning to be pedantic about it, I only made the correction so as to be sure its realised just how much local GP's businesses are making out of this whilst a decent Nurses pay increase is of course not affordable, its all about the age old class system

Last edited:
Not meaning to be pedantic about it, I only made the correction so as to be sure its realised just how much local GP's businesses are making out of this whilst a decent Nurses pay increase is of course not affordable, its all about the age old class system
You are assuming that all these GP practices are "trousering" the fees.
I'm going to check, but I think quite a few locally will be paying "bonuses" to the staff involved, or at the very least extra hours or overtime.
PLUS
They also have to use that money to pay for the hire of facilities - such as the hospitality suite I attended - and the extra cleaning involved. [Hire of an emergency equipment inc a 'bed' & screens- just in case someone needs attention].
Not to mention all the "consumables" like needles, syringes, wipes, PPE.
Extra laptops & wifi connection for the "paperwork"
Staff food & drink, perhaps ...

Yes, I meant £10,000, a very rare occasion of me posting from my phone, where my fat fingers don't work very well with a small keyboard.

They do have costs, they are paying the nurses double time on Saturdays, and triple time on Sundays, plus three marshals, contributions to the costs of setting-up & running the special GP booking system for coastal West Sussex, which includes an online system, and a telephone option, manned 5 days a week, and other things already mentioned above.

Plus, as I mentioned above, my GPs are working weekends on normal appointments, so they can increase vaccination capacity from 2 to 3 days a week.

The Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, which runs the mass vaccination centres across East & West Sussex budgeted the same for delivering jabs.

Having worked and volunteered at a PCN for a GP surgery giving vaccinations I'm laughing at your idea they're loving this and raking money in to top up their salaries or something.

Yeah I find this really mean spirited tbh. The 'always seeing the worst in everyone/thing/situation' narrative is pretty depressing.

He just seems to spend most of his time on here carping about the NHS tbh, it's dull, and I can fully imagine some Victor Meldrew figure thumping out grumpy whinges about everything health services related.

Just been contacted by a local Chemist who told me they have had to cancel my booster appointment on Monday due to "supply issues" . They also said I could rock up at any time after Weds and have it done with no appointment. So I guess I'll rock up later in the week .

Back
Top Bottom