Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: the waiting/monitoring for the jabs, iirc the difference is:

AZ: no driving for 10 minutes but no need to be watched, due to possible needle/jab related wooziness not allergic reaction. Hence can leave/sit in car on your own.
Pfizer: 15 minutes monitoring is due to a very rare adverse and swift allergic reaction to an ingredient in this jab (the PEG iirc). Supposed to be in separate area where someone watches you.

Given loads of volunteers and things are complex and change sometimes people probably get advice mixed up.

Also makes sense to scrap the 15 min monitored wait post mRNA jab, it's something from early days and is massively over cautious from a very few allergic reactions.

Re: the waiting/monitoring for the jabs, iirc the difference is:

AZ: no driving for 10 minutes but no need to be watched, due to possible needle/jab related wooziness not allergic reaction. Hence can leave/sit in car on your own.
Pfizer: 15 minutes monitoring is due to a very rare adverse and swift allergic reaction to an ingredient in this jab (the PEG iirc). Supposed to be in separate area where someone watches you.

Given loads of volunteers and things are complex and change sometimes people probably get advice mixed up.

Also makes sense to scrap the 15 min monitored wait post mRNA jab, it's something from early days and is massively over cautious from a very few allergic reactions.
Interesting. I was AZ for my 1st and 2nd jabs but at 2 different centers. So it looks like the first place i went to was mixed up and applied the pfizer rules.

Had mine yesterday afternoon. First 2 were AZ, had very minimal side effects.

Flu jab last Friday was absolutley fine afterwards.

Moderna for my booster. It's much worse. My arm aches much more and I stupidly had it in my left arm preventing me sleeping on that side. Woke this morning with a stiff neck feeling really anxious and thinking fuck doing this again.

This government loves to announce what it would like to do, rather than what it is doing.

If you actually watch the announcement, during Monday's press conference, it was one of those rare occasions when Johnson was actually very clear, in explaining the new advice from the JVCI, that the target set is to offer a booster to all these people by the end of January, as with the first jabs they'll be working through people by age groups, going down in 5 year bands, so even if you had your 2nd jab over 3 months ago, please don't try to book until the NHS says it's your turn.

And, of course, this was widely reported by the media.

Not sure how it could be any clearer TBH. 🤷‍♂️

Which, is why that minister on Sky this morning claiming anyone over 18 should contact their GP now, is a total fuckwit.

I slept well last night after yesterday’s Pfizer booster, don’t feel at all unwell this morning but my arm is really painful, heavy and achy, and horribly tender at the injection site although no visible swelling or bruising.

Interesting. I was AZ for my 1st and 2nd jabs but at 2 different centers. So it looks like the first place i went to was mixed up and applied the pfizer rules.

Some places (GPs especially I bet) are also probably a bit over-cautious and if they have the space and workers might just be keeping it simple and doing the same for everything.

Only asked to wait after my flu jab. So did some Christmas shopping in boots. They probably kept me so that I’d spend money ;)

Pfizer on Tuesday morning. Felt fine rest of the day, bar a bit of arm-ache, but yesterday was a major struggle. Just ached all over, really lethargic. Had an uncomfortable night of temperature going up and down, but okay again today.

If you actually watch the announcement, during Monday's press conference, it was one of those rare occasions when Johnson was actually very clear, in explaining the new advice from the JVCI, that the target set is to offer a booster to all these people by the end of January, as with the first jabs they'll be working through people by age groups, going down in 5 year bands, so even if you had your 2nd jab over 3 months ago, please don't try to book until the NHS says it's your turn.

And, of course, this was widely reported by the media.

Not sure how it could be any clearer TBH. 🤷‍♂️

Which, is why that minister on Sky this morning claiming anyone over 18 should contact their GP now, is a total fuckwit.
You've missed the point, one I agree with littlebabyjesus about and will expand on further in a moment.

The point isnt how clear or unclear Johnson was (and that press conference was on Tuesday by the way, the Monday one was the JCVI one). The point is that as usual the government want to rely on vaccines, and big talk about vaccines and massive booster programme acceleration, to fill in the gap where other action should be found. They did a few other things but most of the reasonable stuff they could do now in a precautionary way given Omicron is stuff they really dont want to do. So they choose to respond to the clamour for action by making loud noises about vaccines instead. Even when they arent actually ready to expand the booster campaign in a meaningful way yet.

Booking site - Not been updated, yet

Still showing the JCVI notice :-

Latest JCVI guidance

The NHS is working on plans to offer:

• a booster dose to everyone aged 18 years old and over
  • a booster dose to people aged 16 years old and over with a severely weakened immune system
  • booster doses from 3 months after the previous dose - currently it's from 6 months after the previous dose
  • a 2nd dose to all children aged 12 to 15 years old who are not already eligible
Please note that this is not yet available.

We'll update this page once the service is updated. Please wait to be contacted by the NHS.

Today is being branded as "Boost Day". Perhaps they're using it as a final push for those already eligible before expanding tomorrow:

Last edited:
You've missed the point, one I agree with littlebabyjesus about and will expand on further in a moment.

The point isnt how clear or unclear Johnson was (and that press conference was on Tuesday by the way, the Monday one was the JCVI one). The point is that as usual the government want to rely on vaccines, and big talk about vaccines and massive booster programme acceleration, to fill in the gap where other action should be found. They did a few other things but most of the reasonable stuff they could do now in a precautionary way given Omicron is stuff they really dont want to do. So they choose to respond to the clamour for action by making loud noises about vaccines instead. Even when they arent actually ready to expand the booster campaign in a meaningful way yet.

There's been a number of posts commenting on unclear messaging over the booster jabs, that the NHS site hasn't been updated, and that people are turning up at walk-in centres when they shouldn't be.

That's what I was responding to, on a thread about booster jabs, I didn't miss any point.

making loud noises about vaccines instead. Even when they arent actually ready to expand the booster campaign in a meaningful way yet.

They made clear this was the plan going forward, and explained it would take time to expand the vaccination programme to cope with it.

There's been a number of posts commenting on unclear messaging over the booster jabs, that the NHS site hasn't been updated, and that people are turning up at walk-in centres when they shouldn't be.

That's what I was responding to, on a thread about booster jabs, I didn't miss any point.
You chose to make your point by responding to a post that said "This government loves to announce what it would like to do, rather than what it is doing." so I stand by what I said.

You chose to make your point by responding to a post that said "This government loves to announce what it would like to do, rather than what it is doing." so I stand by what I said.

Which was posted in reply to -

It's a bit of a shit-show really with the big announcement of broadening availability several days ago, but with the NHS booking system yet to be updated, which leaves walk-in places in a bit of a grey area.

The conversation was clearly about the booster roll-out, so I stand by what I said.

Are you over 40?

My brother was able to book on the 5 month date.
No, I'm 39. Really keen to get booster as working in a developing country early next year so want to get it before I go. I thought everyone could book after 5 months. I'm also asthmatic. Can I just tick one of the boxes and book? Or maybe I'll be able to use a walk in centre?

No, I'm 39. Really keen to get booster as working in a developing country early next year so want to get it before I go. I thought everyone could book after 5 months. I'm also asthmatic. Can I just tick one of the boxes and book? Or maybe I'll be able to use a walk in centre?
It's not really rolled out to everyone yet. They're still operating at over 40's and book for the 6 months.
so for eg Chemistry will turn 40 this month and his 6 months is near the end of january. He's not been able to book yet. and his level of asthma doesn't give priority either.

In theory it's opening up soon (and becoming three months?) but presumably they need to increase capacity to accommodate...

No you can't book yet, it says so on the NHS booking site:

Capture.JPG

Wait until details of the expanded rollout are announced.

They are ridiculously thin lines on the T. Positive LFTs I've seen have produced deep red lines like you get on the control.

But probably positive. Get a PCR and good luck.
This ^

We have to report the faint pink lines as positive and refer for PCR.

No currently age 40 and above with 5 months after 2nd jab before you can book with first date available 6 months after 2nd jab. (Supposed to be changing to 3 months but booking site not updated yet)

I think there are exceptions for people with certain medical conditions but i don't know details.

I got a text from my GP the other days asking people not to ring for exactly that reason. No doubt GPs across the country have been bombarded with calls.
I'd never phone the nhs about it. I prefer to do it online anyway. That way if it says i'm not yet eligabel i have only wasted my own time.

When I was hoping to book my booster, I kept checking the site.
I got an appointment by doing that way in advance of the text.
[It might have let me in a couple of days early, as it was just after one of the updates ref age band changes]

Just been for my Pfizer booster.

Started writing a lengthy post about the disorganisation at the hospital when after a 50 minute wait it looked like it might be closer to 2 hours - but in the end I was out 1 hour + 20 mins after my appointed time, including the 15 minute wait, so would feel churlish to complain given the massive logistical effort.

Just hope that my cosy Christmassy weekend plans with b/f don't get scuppered by side effects.

Thankfully my sore arm hasn't lasted longer than 48 hours and I could sleep on my left side by 6am this morning. Hope others are as fortunate and don't suffer too much.

Back
Top Bottom