Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got my Pfizer on Wednesday morning. Well organised. 5 minute wait at the beginning and 15 at the end. Arm hurt a bit Wednesday evening for a couple of days. Woke up with no arm pain today so I guess the nano bots are busy elsewhere.

Let's not forget GPs & pharmacists get £12.50 per flu jab anyway, so the uplift to £15 per covid jab for the next 2 months, to increase capacity, seems reasonable.

Let's not forget GPs & pharmacists get £12.50 per flu jab anyway, so the uplift to £15 per covid jab for the next 2 months, to increase capacity, seems reasonable.

My local GP organises "flu jab sessions" in the evenings and on Saturdays, to keep clear of their "normal" work as much as possible. The staff volunteer for the duty, but do get paid or sometimes take TOIL.

Had a Moderna booster Thurs am. Was ok the rest of the day but on Fri I gradually felt worse as the day went on - felt weak, cold, then too hot - til about 10pm when I started normalising. Feel absolutely fine today, thankfully - unlike some ppl I've been reading on twitter who say they've been feeling like shit for 4 days!

Had my first jabs at medical centres and was pretty much straight in and out both times. This time I was only offered appoints at chemists so went to one in Camden Town - had to wait 40mins, but at least it was indoors. Mrs F went to a different chemist and had to wait outside in the cold for half an hour! :D

After yesterday's Pfizer booster I was alert to the possibility of side-effects. I felt fine all evening, had some dinner, watched a bit of TV and went to bed.

I woke in the middle of the night and my arm felt a little sore. I touched the plaster the nurse put on and was shocked to feel a huge lump under it!

I started panicking, trying to remember what potential side-effects I'd read about. Then I thought about phoning NHS 111 just in case it was something serious.

I switched the light on to have a closer look.

Only then did I remember that the nurse had put a large blob of cotton wool under the plaster. :facepalm:

After yesterday's Pfizer booster I was alert to the possibility of side-effects. I felt fine all evening, had some dinner, watched a bit of TV and went to bed.

I woke in the middle of the night and my arm felt a little sore. I touched the plaster the nurse put on and was shocked to feel a huge lump under it!

I started panicking, trying to remember what potential side-effects I'd read about. Then I thought about phoning NHS 111 just in case it was something serious.

I switched the light on to have a closer look.

Only then did I remember that the nurse had put a large blob of cotton wool under the plaster. :facepalm:

Wow, you got free cotton wool & a free plaster?

22 hours after my Pfizer booster, not even a sore arm so far, I hope this continues, I didn't have any side effects at all from my two AZ jabs, but for some reason I am still expecting some after my booster. :hmm:

Wow, you got free cotton wool & a free plaster?

22 hours after my Pfizer booster, not even a sore arm so far, I hope this continues, I didn't have any side effects at all from my two AZ jabs, but for some reason I am still expecting some after my booster. :hmm:
I'm on some tablets which dilate the smaller blood vessels under skin so there was a dribble of blood. It didn't last but the nurse thought it best to be safe.

I had 24 hours of feeling rough with the first AZ jab but nothing after the second. As the booster was Pfizer I didn't know what to expect so I was a little apprehensive.

My OH had a bit of blood from their booster, I had a bit more than I expected.
My jabber was a bit annoyed with herself. She was trying to see how many she could do, without the blood spots. I broke a run of what would have been 10 or was it 12 ?
My shoulder isn't exactly well endowed with muscle, as I'm a skinny so-and-so ...

Pfizered on Friday, had a bit of a tender arm for a day, and, just like with the Astra Zenecas, a mild background headache that I couldn't be sure was from the vaccination or from the half-bottle of wine I had.

All fine today.

Btw, does anyone know if the booster also takes two weeks to develop antibodies back to the max, or does this happen more quickly? 🤔

NHS site still says you have to wait til 5 months after second jab.

Speaking to relative the other day, they were saying I should just turn up at a walk in centre. Me, what's the point, queuing for ages then being told I'm too early / they've run out. The walk in place is in the shopping centre. Fuck going there at this time of year as well.

Guess I'll check site again in a week or so. Otherwise not eledgable til mid Jan.

Although I've already been boosted, I'll keep checking the NHS site.

I have a number of family, friends & people under 50 working for me ...

I had my booster (pfizer) at a walk-in in town yesterday. I got a text from NHS saying to book an appointment a week or so ago, but the earliest on offer was 22nd December, which is a bit too close to Xmas for my liking.

No side effects, apart from a tiny bit tender if I press my arm

tried website again today and it let me book my booster for january 5th which is 2 days before my 6 months is up. So keep trying if it says you are not eligibal yet.

Anyone had bad after effects from booster for a week?

With booster I've been feeling ill from next day to today. Which has been a week.

Anyone had bad after effects from booster for a week?

With booster I've been feeling ill from next day to today. Which has been a week.

That seems like a long time for side effects, I would say it's probably more likely that you have by co-incidence caught some other bug doing the rounds - but if I were you I'd phone your GP tomorrow or 111 just to check.

I dont think a week of fatigue and mild side effects is that uncommon and for sure it could be caused by the vaccine.

I reckon the nhs booking page will be updated soon to allow boosters to be booked after 3 months etc.

I am wondering whether 4 months is enough time to wait from my second shot, which would be end of December. I would like to have it by the first week of Jan as will probably hopefully be going to Portugal then, and otherwise will have to wait til February. Then again, i've had original covid and 2 pfizer jabs already..... not totally sure what to do though.

Update: definitely laziness

Update 2: a day later the side effects are pretty close to the first AZ jab which I wasn’t expecting. Joint stiffness, headache, fuzzy brain and new additions of nausea and a bit of tightness in the throat (probably lymph nodes).

Glad I’m not working today.

That seems like a long time for side effects, I would say it's probably more likely that you have by co-incidence caught some other bug doing the rounds - but if I were you I'd phone your GP tomorrow or 111 just to check.

That could be so. I took covid test today and it was negative.

I did have flu jab last month.

My partner has had bad cold.

So maybe having booster just kicked off underlying infection.

I've managed with flu and vaccine jabs to have not been ill at all during pandemic. Despite working through most of it. So maybe Ive been lucky.

Back
Top Bottom