Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today, five days after I got my booster - "NHS Vaccine" sent me a text, inviting me to book ... :hmm: ...

I got one of those today, so checked the NHS site for a laugh, no appointments at Brighton nor Chichester, round trips of 25 or 30 miles, nearest are round trips of 45 to 55 miles , or check out the walk-in centres, nearest a 70 mile round trip, fucking hopeless. :facepalm: :D

Not that it helps, but perhaps inaccessibility of vaccinations is proportional to likelihood of infection ? :oops:

We have high rates, Worthing is the largest town in the county, and we have never had any NHS vaccination options in the town, we haven't even had a pharmacy appointed by the NHS to do covid jabs.

Thank fuck the GP's own system is fairly well organised.

yesterday is 5 months since i had my second jab

have booked booster for in a month's time (have booked a saturday one, might take the monday off work in case, though) - there's a vaccination centre in reading town centre shopping centre.

Last edited:
May I ask that people state in what part of the world they live when posting in this thread?

I got one of those today, so checked the NHS site for a laugh, no appointments at Brighton nor Chichester, round trips of 25 or 30 miles, nearest are round trips of 45 to 55 miles , or check out the walk-in centres, nearest a 70 mile round trip, fucking hopeless. :facepalm: :D

The general message round the first / second jabs was that if you get something like that, try again the next day. can't remember if i got offered something silly one day then fairly local the next.

According to the UK gov't dashboard - almost 13.5 million 3rd & booster jabs have been administered.

The beeb breaks that "almost 24%" down as
More than 11 million of these doses have been administered in England so far. In Scotland, 1.2 million people have had their booster shot, while that figure is over 690,000 in Wales and it is more than 243,000 in Northern Ireland.

[that might not add up exactly, not sure whether the beeb's data is as up-to-date as the dashboard's].

I'm due in March, six months after my second. Pfizer me up bro.

edit: oh and new zealand, so it'll be end of summer

We have high rates, Worthing is the largest town in the county, and we have never had any NHS vaccination options in the town, we haven't even had a pharmacy appointed by the NHS to do covid jabs.

Thank fuck the GP's own system is fairly well organised.
Other way round here. If we’d had to rely on our GP practice I doubt we’d have had our first jabs yet. As it is, the set-ups in sports halls and community centres has been spot on.

I've booked for 3rd December (exactly 6 months after my 2nd jab) but I couldn't get an appointment for that day (actually that fortnight!) at my much loved local pharmacy so I have to go somewhere else which is not my preference and a little upsetting (autism).

Hopefully OH will be around to come with me because between massive needle phobia and being in an unfamiliar location with unfamiliar procedures I could be in meltdown territory.

BTW I have no respect for people who say they can't get vaccinated because they have a needle phobia, I have as bad a needle phobia as it gets (have been known to pass out during vaccinations) but I can still get mine done even though it is horrendous and I am usually in a bit of a panicked state. I do usually need someone with me in case I feel faint and need help on the way to or from or at the vaccination clinic, or if (due to autism) I am anxious because I turn up and there is a queuing system that I don't understand and I am like a frightened deer that has wandered into the vaccination centre and doesn't know wtf is going on, or if due to being overwhelmed I can't understand what is being said to me and I need someone there to help with that and translate. (And I am not joking, OH has come with me for some vaccination appointments when he can - not just for COVID but in pre-COVID times - to make sure I am OK because of autism and severe needle-phobia).

But it does get done and I end up vaccinated. However difficult it is for me personally due to phobia, I understand the importance of it and rest assured any time I need to get vaccinated for anything, I will do so.

Last edited:
The general message round the first / second jabs was that if you get something like that, try again the next day. can't remember if i got offered something silly one day then fairly local the next.

The best via the website will always be Brighton or Chichester, round trips of 25 or 30 miles, because the NHS has never done anything in Worthing.

I'll wait for the text from my GPs, their hub is a 10 minute walk away, far more sensible.

opposite here, got my local GPs hub booster last saturday after rescheduling and an NHS invite 5 days later.
Me too, despite being high risk, the NHS system has missed me off altogether, seemingly unable to sort or organize anything for me. My local gp had me sorted pretty quick and already had a walk in system up. No queue, but don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Just had mine. 4 injections in the last 12 months... :D Didn't wait for 15 minutes after though, just walked home after 3mins. So far so good.

Very well organised, busy, but no queuing, I was seen as soon as I arrived (I was 10 mins early for my apt): Pfeizer (I had AZ first two doses)

Queuing up in a drizzly carpark for mine now

I had a fleeting moment of “oh the fucking effort to queue”

Then realised people are jabbing as fast as they can and everyone is peacefully and positively waiting their turn and it gave me quite a warm feeling

That gives me sino-pharm-Astra Zenica-Pfizer

My blood should be fizzing with super hero powers

Last edited:
Of course it is, why you think I meant anything else is just due your dislike of me clouding your reading comprehension

Nope, I don't dislike you. And there is nowt wrong with my reading comprehension, thank you.

And having looked at the Dashboard - again - Welsh booster/3rd doses, as of 16th November, totalled 690,621 jags.

C&P'd the totals [from 21st October to 16th November 2021] for Wales off the dashboard...

People vaccinated

First dose total = 2,460,549

Second dose total = 2,254,184

Booster or third dose total = 690,621

Vaccinations given TOTAL = 5,405,354

So, NHS Wales are getting on with it, maybe not as well organised, but I know just how rural some of the upland areas actually are, especially in Mid & North Wales.

What I was trying to do was re-enforcing the statement that providing their location was up to the individual concerned.
It isn't particularly relevant on here generally, or even on this thread.

Having been on here for some time, I have been able to deduce approximate positions for many posters.

Oh, _Russ_ I'll tell you my area, when you post yours, as in more detail than very rural Wales..

In the meantime, NE England is at the same level of detail ...

I am an usual case, as I had the Johnson & Johnson monodose vaccine in Italy. Italy has decided that J&J is a bit shit now so everyone who had it has to have a booster (a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna) - getting mine on the 4th of december.

Queuing up in a drizzly carpark for mine now

I had a fleeting moment of “oh the fucking effort to queue”

Then realised people are jabbing as fast as they can and everyone is peacefully and positively waiting their turn and it gave me quite a warm feeling
When I got my booster no sooner had I sat down and got comfy waiting for my number to be called than the woman calling out the numbers asked if anyone was there for the booster and I was ushered into a room and jabbed and out two minutes later

Just got a text from my GP, I am booked for my booster jab on Sat. 4th Dec., which is about 6 months & 1 week since my 2nd jab.

Fucking big up to the GPs in Worthing for working together so well, 12 surgeries operating 3 hubs and 1 booking system. :thumbs:

Shame it's not the same in some other areas.

Back
Top Bottom