Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just noticed that they have put the booster onto the NHS app noe which is great. But I was told I was going to get Pfizer and was waiting in the Pfizer queue but on the app it says I had Moderna? :confused:
Actually I just checked the little card that you get after the jab and that says Pfizer as well...not that it matters too much I suppose.

I just noticed that they have put the booster onto the NHS app noe which is great. But I was told I was going to get Pfizer and was waiting in the Pfizer queue but on the app it says I had Moderna? :confused:
Actually I just checked the little card that you get after the jab and that says Pfizer as well...not that it matters too much I suppose.
If it's still doing that, maybe there's a way to get your record amended ?
[I don't know, my phone's too dumb to have the app]

Head is fucked this morning, not sure if I just slept badly from having a sore arm or if the vaccine has put my frontal lobe through a clothes mangle

Today, five days after I got my booster - "NHS Vaccine" sent me a text, inviting me to book ... :hmm: ...

This happened to me also. :hmm:

E2a: my original invite was from GP so there’s possibly a different system in play with the NHS. I know, for example, that the NHS can’t access my GP records and vice versa. Which I found odd.

Today, five days after I got my booster - "NHS Vaccine" sent me a text, inviting me to book ... :hmm: ...

E2a: my original invite was from GP so there’s possibly a different system in play with the NHS. I know, for example, that the NHS can’t access my GP records and vice versa. Which I found odd.

If you had it via your GP it takes time for them to upload the information to the NHS and/or it takes the NHS time to process the data provided by GPs, there's always a delay between the different systems.

The GP office gets payment for every vaccine given, they are therefore competing with the main NHS service to get jabs in arms.

The GP office gets payment for every vaccine given, they are therefore competing with the main NHS service to get jabs in arms.

Aye, it's £12.58 per jab, and an extra £10 per jab carried out on residents in care/nursing homes, and the homes of those that are housebound, 'tis very profitable to them.

Right from the start GP's have jabbed more people than the NHS.

I have no preference beyond GPs wanting to nail me down for an appointment where as pharmacies are walk in.

I had my flu jab at a pharmacy last year, but when I checked this year, they hadn't received any vaccine, a few days later I got a text from the GP, so booked with them, as they have been excellent on covid jabs.

However, that Saturday only half the shots promised had been delivered, they tracked down the other half, mis-delivered to a GP in Littlehampton, and had to send someone over to picked them up, so we were in a bloody queue for an hour. :facepalm:

As others have said, texts galore telling me to get my booster now I’ve been done. Still can’t book a flu jab with my gp though. I assume they just haven’t got any.

I’m entitled to a free flu jab. Will it be free if I just turn up at a pharmacy?

I'm slightly confused as to whether I'm eligible for booster (in 40s) - is it only the case if 6 months has elapsed since I had my 2nd jab (in which case I'd have to wait until end December)?

As others have said, texts galore telling me to get my booster now I’ve been done. Still can’t book a flu jab with my gp though. I assume they just haven’t got any.

I’m entitled to a free flu jab. Will it be free if I just turn up at a pharmacy?

If you are entitled to it, yes, it's free pharmacies.

It's useful if you you know your NHS no., but they can cope without it.

Might as well?, would you have bothered if you didnt get a voucher?
strange priorities

Now they've added the over 40s to the booking system, I'll be checking if anyone else at work needs a covid booster or their flu jag.
They'll get the same paid time off etc as per the provisions for getting the main two covid jabs.

And I need to chase up whether one guy has got his new specs on order (yet)

I don't think Cloo is old enough for a free NHS flu jab, and like most people under 50 wouldn't pay £12-15 for one, when the government/NHS doesn't think they are at enough risk to have it, but if the employer pays for it, why not?
Yeah, my place does the same. It's better for everyone is as many people get vaccinated as possible as it should reduce the risk of transmission. Of course employers probably just want to reduce sick absence, but if they're paying for the vaccine why shouldn't people take it.

When did "jag" become a thing, btw?
Scottish (& some parts of Northern England) terminology.

Last year or two I've been using the terms interchangeably.
[Prompted by at least one of the local practice / community nurses]

Back
Top Bottom