Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By the sounds of it, NOVAVAX are all set to make updated boosters so we may get to try the moth-cell protein tech later :cool:
So long as Peru doesn't run out of Quillaja tree juice ...

Last edited:
Had Pfizer booster yesterday after queuing for an hour in the rain in Croydon. I wondered if that willingness to queue so long and haphazardly was partly omicron generated anxiety

An hour? :eek:

Was this a walk-in centre, or did you have an appointment?

An hour? :eek:

Was this a walk-in centre, or did you have an appointment?
It was as platinumsage said: walk in's and appointments in the same queue and no one available to ask who was who
Really different experience from first and second dose where we were channelled into fairly comfortable indoor waiting spaces with lots of vaccination stations

If I was a walk in for my first or second jab I think the weather and wait and chaos might have changed my mind on waiting

I have been wiped out since having the booster y/day morning. I fell asleep about 2pm y/day and only woke up for a cpl of hours when my wife got home from a day out.

2am this morning I woke up rattling, mad fever, awful headache, aches everywhere and if I could have cut my arm off I would have it was that painful.

Still feel achey and shit now. Wtf like, was the same when I had the original jabs.

I have been wiped out since having the booster y/day morning. I fell asleep about 2pm y/day and only woke up for a cpl of hours when my wife got home from a day out.

2am this morning I woke up rattling, mad fever, awful headache, aches everywhere and if I could have cut my arm off I would have it was that painful.

Still feel achey and shit now. Wtf like, was the same when I had the original jabs.
Only good thing to say is that you must have a strong immune system for that to happen. :)

I'm due mine on Friday.

I have an appointment booked, I really hope I don't have to queue or wait. I had to queue for my first vaccination for over an hour despite being booked in at a certain time. Due to autism and being in an unknown place with unknown procedures, uncertainty about what was happening, and a general medical stuff phobia - the main feature of which is a massive phobia of needles - I ended up having a bit of a meltdown in the queue.

:( The booster doesn’t / wouldn’t cause this would it. 2 positive LFTs this morning, still feel dreadful.

They are ridiculously thin lines on the T. Positive LFTs I've seen have produced deep red lines like you get on the control.

But probably positive. Get a PCR and good luck.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but... I had my first shot via an appointment booked through my GP, then got my second at a walk-in clinic. As a result, my GP was sending me texts for a while asking me to book my second shot, and then after a while the central NHS or whoever runs in the walk-in clinics was also sending me texts asking the same thing. I was a bit worried about the recordkeeping but I do seem to be able to get an adequate vaccine pass thing (as far as I can tell, it's just a QR code so fuck knows what it says, and I've not been asked for it that much) so presumably there's proper records somewhere. Anyway, I was wondering whether this might affect me getting called up at the right time for the booster? Although I've just checked now and it looks like my second dose wasn't till late June anyway, so don't think I'm due it for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom