Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am an usual case, as I had the Johnson & Johnson monodose vaccine in Italy. Italy has decided that J&J is a bit shit now so everyone who had it has to have a booster (a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna) - getting mine on the 4th of december.

From what I recall when they were coming in the J&J one was 'single shot' in the sense that that was what they did the testing for when the others were two. I'm not sure it's shit just that it's pretty similar to the others - ie they should have done two doses to start with like all the rest did.

My brother just got a text from his GP, also booked 4th Dec., same town, different hub, but like me, only a 10 minute walk from home.

Now he can cancel the one he booked earlier this week for 23rd Dec. with the NHS, and save the 30 mile round trip to Chichester.

Two happy bunnies. :thumbs:

I'm leaving getting my booster until I know for sure that it will be included on the NHS Covid travel pass, which isn't the case at the moment, although they are reportedly working on it Covid booster jabs to be added to NHS app after some countries bring in restrictions

My 2nd Covid jab was over 6 months ago so that would be pretty useless for going abroad now. I've a trip booked for next May so there's no way I'll be getting my booster until Jan at the earliest and hopefully by then it gets recorded on the app with a QR code.

Last edited:
28 hours later and I felt like I had a tiny cold this morning, but that's sort of gone. Arm hurts less now than it did last night. Definitely less side effects than first two doses, along with many other people's reports...

So after my pfizer booster on monday, tuesday was ruff, did nothing, assorted flu symptoms. Wednesday still not 100% but much better, yesterday fine, minimal left overs only. Today feel absolutely normal.

I think it would be sensible to plan for 3 days inconvenience.

So after my pfizer booster on monday, tuesday was ruff, did nothing, assorted flu symptoms. Wednesday still not 100% but much better, yesterday fine, minimal left overs only. Today feel absolutely normal.

I think it would be sensible to plan for 3 days inconvenience.
Depends eh? I've had three Pfizers and the worst I felt was a bit hungover/jaded which was fixed by a couple of ibuprofen and an early night.

I'm feeling a bit shit. Not as bad as after my first az but my temp is a bit up, my arm is rubbish, I'm tired, headache, neck glands are up, chattering jaw. Bit of nausea, bit weepy.
Sounds likely to be the flu jab .. my effects were somewhat masked by wine though ...

Had my booster today via a local pharmacy. The monitor made sure that most of us served our 15 minutes after the jab. Only a few escaped her clutches while she was booking in new arrivals.
It seemed this village had cornered the booster market because the doctor's surgery was also doing a roaring trade in jabs.

Back
Top Bottom