Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, missed it earlier [ this has been announced earlier than I was expecting, I thought the *****ts would prevaricate for longer ] ...

I also think I saw mention that 16-17 yr olds will be encouraged to take a second dose [after 12 weeks]

I really, really, hope that these actions - and enough people accept their jags - bring down transmission before either a) another variant pops up or b) the winter strain collapses the NHS any further or c) they stop free PCR tests.

So do us newly-eligible over 40s just have to wait for a letter from the GP? I don't think we can book online yet.

You will be able to book about 5 months after your 2nd jab, for an appointment after about 6 months, via the national booking system.

Or wait for contact from your GP, assuming they are doing booster jabs, some have opted out of providing it.

You will be able to book about 5 months after your 2nd jab, for an appointment after about 6 months, via the national booking system.

Or wait for contact from your GP, assuming they are doing booster jabs, some have opted out of providing it.
Thanks, that means I should be able to book from Sunday ish.

Nothing available till 14 December, almost 20 miles away! GP not doing it...and can't get a flu jab anywhere either. It's a bit of a fucking joke.
I had the same situation. I still can't book a flu jab, though I have got my booster booked at last - 6 months and two weeks after jab 2, so not too bad.

6 months now for me and not even a sniff of an invite.
In Wales so no online booking system or walk in centres, you have to wait till invited, it gets a bit frustrating when you hear the stories of whats available to people in London

Had booster, so now had 2X AZ and Pz on monday, felt crap all day yesterday but much better today. I suppose roughness is a good thing as a sign that immune system is working. Had worse hangovers and festival comedowns.

The gap was in the news today, for children:

Healthy children aged 12 to 17 are being advised to wait 12 weeks after a coronavirus infection before having a Covid jab in the UK.
Previously the advice was to leave a four-week gap.
The UK Health Security Agency said the change was a precaution against the small risk of heart inflammation.
UK vaccine advisers recommended a 12-week gap between doses when they gave a green light on Monday for 16 and 17-year-olds to get a second jab.
Evidence is emerging that this length of gap may reduce the already low risk of heart inflammation after a vaccine in children whose risk from the virus is also very low.

I had expected the Pfizer to be more of a localised thing.
No real discomfort but I'm getting the teeniest bruised feeling way back over and into my shoulder and if I focus on the arm I can sense the injection site. ..
Still got the teeeeniest local sensation in the other (flu jab) arm...

Back
Top Bottom