Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The centre I went to had two queues: one for first or second doses, which would be astrazeneca, and one for the boosters, which was pfizer.
When I booked mine the confirmation text said it would be moderna, but the person registering us on the day said it was only pfizer for boosters.
Yeah, I thought it was going to be Moderna. Can't remember exactly why, though.

Been trying to book mine but despite it being more than six months the system wouldn't let me. Called the problem number and they told me they couldn't book me either...

Yeah, I had that when trying to book my first one, the helpline is useless, because they only have the same website to use, I was promised call-backs three times, but I am still waiting for those. :rolleyes:

I found my new GP had their own booking system, so I called their special covid line and went with them instead of the NHS set-up.

Got invited. Can't attend for the next couple of weeks as the nearest venue is an expensive bus journey away. It's not being done at the (not very) local GP surgery either which is what I'd assumed.

I know some GPs have opted out of doing the booster jabs, but are you sure your GPs have? Otherwise, they are probably operating their own system, as they all do in Worthing, so you may get a text, or check their website, if they are organised like here, they will have a special number to book with them.

Same for my first AZ. Nothing noticeable for the second.

One thing I saw this morning, but am only just thinking about... The booth I went to had a mini whiteboard stating the name of the vaccinator and the vaccine to be given. That suggests that other booths might have been dispensing a different booster. Is that happening? Is it a study?

No matter what you had for the 1st & 2nd jabs, you should be getting pfizer or moderna as a booster. AZ is still be used for 1st & 2nd jabs in some places, although it's all pfizer at our local GP hubs.

Yeah, I had that when trying to book my first one, the helpline is useless, because they only have the same website to use, I was promised call-backs three times, but I am still waiting for those. :rolleyes:

I found my new GP had their own booking system, so I called their special covid line and went with them instead of the NHS set-up.

I know some GPs have opted out of doing the booster jabs, but are you sure your GPs have? Otherwise, they are probably operating their own system, as they all do in Worthing, so you may get a text, or check their website, if they are organised like here, they will have a special number to book with them.
I've no idea. I've left a message on their FB as there seems some confusion. Hopefully they will respond. I had a text and an email and the link to book took me to Boots in town, not the local surgery

I've no idea. I've left a message on their FB as there seems some confusion. Hopefully they will respond. I had a text and an email and the link to book took me to Boots in town, not the local surgery

Pharmacies are part of the NHS national booking system, I don't think any GPs are, well they are certainly not around here, so good luck, and I hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
Urgh bad planning on my part - Pfizer booster yesterday morning, sore arm in the afternoon evening but I am working today and feel pretty rough :( Didn't sleep well, got my sleeping on arm done so that didn't help, has some paracetamol at 02:30 which seemed to help.

I am now feeling slightly shivery, achey and my skin is tender. My neck aches but that has been happening a bit lately anyway. More paracetamol and hopefully I don't get stuck at work until 18:00 :eek:

Last edited:
If you just go to a walk in centre you can avoid all the trying to book malarkey.
That's assuming you have one near you, but they're cropping up all over the place in London.

My booster [yesterday morning] was Pfizer.

After-affects. Mainly an extremely sore arm, but not so bad in certain positions, definitely tender to the touch.
Managed a shower and an early night, as I felt more tired than expected.
Didn't sleep too well, and ended up waking with a sore lower back and a decent headache, with some TN pain at 03:00.
Took something for it and went back to bed - sleeping not helped by a traffic diversion on the road outside.

Had some decaffed coffee and went back to sleep for a couple of hours.
Woke up for more [real] coffee, and now just pottering around ...

Will probably have an early night ...

Just booked mine for 8th Dec (2nd jab was 22 May), going to a different place than last time. I've heard that the booster jab is supposed to be more effective if it's different from the first two but have no idea if that is true. I still have the little card that says AZ on it so I will take it with me.

Had pfizer yesterday.
Woke up this morning feeling slightly under the weather, bit dizzy and mildly nauseous, but ok to do some basic stuff.
Having more intense waves of nausea since early evening, also shivery, foggy mild headache & generally a bit achey. The nausea is full on, feels like I’m on a small boat in a very steep sea.
All fine now. Not even a sore arm. :thumbs:

Had pfizer today. More side effects than the AZ I had for the initial vaccinations. So far jthoug, just sore arm and a fair bit of achiness, so nothing too bad.
I ended up feeling pretty grim last night, with flu level aches and pretty sore arm. This was overlaid on top of my my normal (fybromyalgia) aches, so wasn't much fun. Bit easier today and I suppose it's all a sign the thing is working. In fact it's the only definite reaction to any vaccine I've had that I can remember.

Just booked mine for 8th Dec (2nd jab was 22 May), going to a different place than last time. I've heard that the booster jab is supposed to be more effective if it's different from the first two but have no idea if that is true. I still have the little card that says AZ on it so I will take it with me.
Yep I've heard figures of around 94% protection against the Delta variant after 16 days. Think that was Pfizer but they are quoting very similar levels regardless of which booster you get. And afaik, the 94% is as compared to those who have had 1 and 2 but not the 3rd, not a comparison with the unvaccinated. If that's right, it's an incredible level of protection.

My arm nine days after the booster :(
With the first and second jab, I didn't even feel the needle go in but this doctor was a bit heavy-handed.

He kept apologising though and said he had been vaccinating people for over eight hours already and was very tired so he is forgiven :)
20211114_120004.jpg

Felt a bit out of sorts today. Went for a run, but gave up and got a tram home after only 9km. Not something that I have ever had to do. so am lying in the bath feeling a tired and depressed. Wish I'd just stayed in bed.

My booster [yesterday morning] was Pfizer.

After-affects. Mainly an extremely sore arm, but not so bad in certain positions, definitely tender to the touch.
Managed a shower and an early night, as I felt more tired than expected.
Didn't sleep too well, and ended up waking with a sore lower back and a decent headache, with some TN pain at 03:00.
Took something for it and went back to bed - sleeping not helped by a traffic diversion on the road outside.

Had some decaffed coffee and went back to sleep for a couple of hours.
Woke up for more [real] coffee, and now just pottering around ...

Will probably have an early night ...

Saturday was a wash-out, from tiredness and having a sore arm - therefore not sleeping well.

Did manage to do log impersonation over Saturday night, I'm pleased to report.

Sunday - little to no problem with the sore arm, but no stamina to speak of ... so taking it very easy today !

Jab on saturday morning. Felt fine. Sore arm Saturday night. Felt shit and depressed all sunday, and now I am still in a funk and really don't feel right at all, but not super ill, just don't want to do anything. I feel like a sack of shit. . . . a bit like a hangover after a long weekend.

Jab on saturday morning. Felt fine. Sore arm Saturday night. Felt shit and depressed all sunday, and now I am still in a funk and really don't feel right at all, but not super ill, just don't want to do anything. I feel like a sack of shit. . . . a bit like a hangover after a long weekend.

That also sums up my weekend after having mine on Friday morning. I feel a lot better today and think I would be OK if I hadn't been woken up by traffic noise this morning about 04:00. [Local main road closed due to a good dunch - trailer full of logs spread over the road. It'll take 'em until lunchtime to clear that up and move the car & HGV involved].

Take it steady today would be my advice, you should feel better tomorrow !
Rest ! Do something light and non-critical, that you will enjoy, & eat some comfort food ...

That also sums up my weekend after having mine on Friday morning. I feel a lot better today and think I would be OK if I hadn't been woken up by traffic noise this morning about 04:00. [Local main road closed due to a good dunch - trailer full of logs spread over the road. It'll take 'em until lunchtime to clear that up and move the car & HGV involved].

Take it steady today would be my advice, you should feel better tomorrow !
Rest ! Do something light and non-critical, that you will enjoy, & eat some comfort food ...
If by that you mean up at 6am for a full days work then cool. . . .

Actually I didn't get up at 6, my body clock usually has me up by 5.30/6 but today I didn't get up until 7. Again I Balme the jab.

My arm nine days after the booster :(
With the first and second jab, I didn't even feel the needle go in but this doctor was a bit heavy-handed.

He kept apologising though and said he had been vaccinating people for over eight hours already and was very tired so he is forgiven :)
View attachment 296763
Ouchy! Hope that is less sore than it looks.

I've got a red mark around it and a little red dot at the injection point which I don't think I had before. Someone poked me right in that spot at work today too. I explained that I might have a reflex reaction if they do it again :mad:

I'm feeling much better. Caned the paracetamol over the weekend and didn't really do much else (apart from go to work Saturday). All back to my usual chipper self today ;)

Back
Top Bottom