Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Slovenia, 8pm (ITV)

Wow, that is a crazy contrast in reactions at the end of a 0-0 draw! :eek:
and tells you everything...Solvenia parked the bus and held the draw , mission accomplished for them...not much you can do about that especially against a team that defends well, and they're good organisers too i hear.

So, football types, explain to me again why this is better that watching the rugby, especially as you are allowed to drink looking at the pitch in UK rugby grounds...
the main reason has been addressed expertly upthread by frank but this isnt a usual game, its the last game of a group stage - once its knockout its a different game completely

I fancy us in knockout football when playing against a team that wants to win.
and tells you everything...Solvenia parked the bus and held the draw , mission accomplished for them...not much you can do about that especially against a team that defends well, and they're good organisers too i hear.
I certainly think our attack may fare better against a team that plays to win (not quite so sure about our defence, mind..), but at the same time, would still like to see a bit more energy and imagination to our play.

Other teams seem to frequently look better against 'well organised' teams than we do.

Bloody hell! :eek: :D

Denmark finish second with Slovenia third - both sides go through.

They finished level on points, goal difference, goals scored and disciplinary record (6-6 on yellow cards).

The next tie breaker was who had the best qualifying record - and Denmark finished above Slovenia - coincidentally in the same qualifying group - on head-to-head record, after both sides finished qualifying on the same amount of points too.

Meanwhile, Pugatch on ITV: "[England] have won the group, and France haven't!" :D Sure, Mark, we're doing really well...

We'll be transformed when we get to the knock-out stages :thumbs:

Like we were going to be transformed because we'd qualified for the final stages and so would be much more relaxed.

The ITV pundits talking about putting Saka as left back for balance, since he's played there before. Which tbf, from the squad we have, isn't the worst idea.

But we're 3 games come and gone, still no sign of Luke Shaw being fit enough to play. 23 man squads have become 26; to not take a recognised left back as a backup to a clearly injured player is a sackable offence in itself. Chilwell, Tyrick Mitchell, Alfie Doughty, Leif Davis, Lewis Hall, ANYONE.

made-me-chuckle-v0-2c620e72op8d1.png

Back
Top Bottom