Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Denmark 5pm

And that ,England, is the team with the highest squad value in the competition .

hmm do English player get paid for international appearances is that the problem

fucking not even worth the money I make between Monday and Tuesday for my club :hmm:

And that ,England, is the team with the highest squad value in the competition .
Exactly.

One of my big whinges about England is that the team's league salaries are astronomical, and higher than any other team. So when people say my expectations are too high, I say they are commensurate with the money.

:p

I thought the interview was mad and condescending. All the PR bollocks when things are going well, then a “well, you don’t understand football you plebs, you come and do it then” response when quite rightly pushed as to why they were all shocking tonight

Anyway, nice Mr Southgate, I'm sure you'll be happy to credit my account with the 2 hours you owe me.

I thought the interview was mad and condescending. All the PR bollocks when things are going well, then a “well, you don’t understand football you plebs, you come and do it then” response when quite rightly pushed as to why they were all shocking tonight
Compared I would think using FM24 stats to pick the team would have been better than Southgate ever has been. I have no idea how he is still England manager unless literally no one else expressed an interest and its not too hard work when you have a games 1/4 as much maximum per year as a club manager with far less options available. With more excuses available as a result.

Because he's the most successful England manager of the last 50 years?
He's been manager for 8 of those 50 years and we did shite before that. Not exactly a high bar. He is also the longest serving manager along with bobby Robson of 8 years. Who finished in 1990, rest were 6 max and mostly a lot less. Shocking how managing more competitons than all but one person got him more success than people who were manager for way less competitions. As entirely undeserved as it is. England have done in general, poorly since about 66. So he just lasted longer during a period English football was the most prominent league in the world

hmm you should just fuck off the premiership stars for one world cup or euro

and drag up some hungry lower league talent or young players

see if they have the passion for the shirt :)

hmm you should just fuck off the premiership stars for one world cup or euro

and drag up some hungry lower league talent or young players

see if they have the passion for the shirt :)

That’s how international football should work. Clubs can hand their youngsters over to the international squad for a year or so so that they can play in whatever system the international manager wants, and don’t look like confused strangers on the pitch, leaving the senior club players to have some rest over the summer and stick to playing proper football in proper teams that don’t chuck three right backs on because they all have the same passport.

If there has to be international football at all.

Reactions: Ax^
He's been manager for 8 of those 50 years and we did shite before that. Not exactly a high bar. He is also the longest serving manager along with bobby Robson of 8 years. Who finished in 1990, rest were 6 max and mostly a lot less. Shocking how managing more competitons than all but one person got him more success than people who were manager for way less competitions. As entirely undeserved as it is. England have done in general, poorly since about 66. So he just lasted longer during a period English football was the most prominent league in the world
He lasted longer than any of the other managers because he reached a World Cup semi final and a Euros final you dipshit.

Football, eh? Funny old game.

I had the weird experience of travelling right past the stadium 20 minutes into the match.

I don't know if there really were 'people on the track' causing 30 minute delays according to DB (it's one of their generic reasons) but if so you fuckers ballsed up my evening plan.

Anyway, good reminder why my support for England will always remain totally fairweather.

Now, when do the National League South fixtures come out...

that was shite. Least impressive southgate era england team - despite having the best crop of players. Disjointed, incohearent and less than the sum of its parts. There seems to be a void in midfield - saw this against serbia and it was even more evident agasint denmark. Trent in the centre with rice just doesnt work and lack of a left sided left back unblances that whole side (why is luke shaw in the squad if he isnt fit to play?) . Southgate needs to make changes - and he has the luxary of another game to try something different before getting into the knockout stages.

Last edited:

That's a bit of a problem with the format tbh. Not enough jeopardy in the group stages. Although it has left Scotland with a fighting chance still. Scotland a far more impressive team than England. Nothing worked tonight. I thought Saka was just coming into things when he came off. Bellingham anonymous. Foden poor. Loads of talent not performing like they do for their clubs, like the old England. The game just disintegrated into a complete mess near the end.

But onward and upward - they're in the last 16.

You would have thought that instructions at half time could have gone "you lot, you run around a bit more and the rest of you pass the fucking thing forward to them".

Back
Top Bottom