Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Slovakia 5pm 30/6

Bloody hell. I know people have been talking about his on pitch attitude of late, but Bellingham's post-match with ITV seemed effortlessly impressive.

"Look at who came on. We've won this game together. Not me, not Harry, not the individual moments. It's the likes of Ivan Toney, Eberechi Eze, Cole Palmer - Bukayo Saka going to left-back. It's the sacrifice you make for the team and that's the energy we need to keep regardless of what goes on."
"They'll be saying... continue to say, who writes your scripts?"
"I do"

<edit: ah, here we go. Quoted section is at the end, starts around 1:50>

Bloody hell. I know people have been talking about his on pitch attitude of late, but Bellingham's post-match with ITV seemed effortlessly impressive.

"Look at who came on. We've won this game together. Not me, not Harry, not the individual moments. It's the likes of Ivan Toney, Eberechi Eze, Cole Palmer - Bukayo Saka going to left-back. It's the sacrifice you make for the team and that's the energy we need to keep regardless of what goes on."
"Who writes your scripts?"
"I do"
If we're going to win it, he'll be the reason.

Just seen it, Platt v Belgium 1990 sprang to mind for being a great goal and a crucial one

yes - its same kind of roy of the rover ridiculousness. Think bellinghams pips it - an even better goal and totally underserved! (IIRC were probably the better team in the england belgium game)

I still remember that moment. I was in a pub, on the outskirts of Manchester, full of Manchester City fans, and everyone went potty.
You’ve just reminded me of watching wall vs Leeds in the play semi final at Leeds in a pub in Nunhead. We scored and won and I have never ever seen a place go wild like that before or since. People literally flying through the air. The whole place shook and shook for it seemed five ten minutes just madness. One of those football moments. Beautiful.

I was in Crete. Saw it. 1998 his free kick against Colombia. I was at Glastonbury. Pissed down. Saw it. Didn't see much else that very wet year.
I remember seeing England lose to Portugal (I think) at Glastonasty. It was the first time they'd put the footy on the big screen at the Pyramid stage and postponed the music for the duration.
Loudest cheer I ever heard at Glastonbury when England scored.

Edit to add, just looked it up, it was the 2004 Euros in Portugal where we lost to the hosts on penalties.

It didn't spoil our weekend, we just went and watched the Chemical Brothers.

Last edited:
I remember seeing England lose to Portugal (I think) at Glastonasty. It was the first time they'd put the footy on the big screen at the Pyramid stage and postponed the music for the duration.
Loudest cheer I ever heard at Glastonbury when England scored.
I was there for that one, too :thumbs:

Trouble is, where?

Despite the above, currently can't see Southgate dropping any of the front four, and Mainoo probably did enough to keep the musical chair spot next to Rice.

I guess Guehi's suspended..?
Fuck knows :D

He just seemed to have time on the ball, willingness to progress it forward and seemed to pop up in the advanced areas.

Trouble is, where?

Despite the above, currently can't see Southgate dropping any of the front four, and Mainoo probably did enough to keep the musical chair spot next to Rice.

I guess Guehi's suspended..?
Sorry for the double quote. Mainoo was impressive technically, but I'd swap him with Eze. The other options are TAA or Gallagher as starters it seems. Unless anyone needs a rest.

Back
Top Bottom