Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Portugal v Slovenia

Like most people, I’ve come to view Ronaldo as a 90% + cunt (after he left Real Madrid of course ;) ). But the photograph of him crying I saw on the BBC website after he missed the penalty during extra time showed a man so thoroughly soul-destroyed, I couldn’t bring myself to go all ‘Ha Ha!’ on him.

He is burdened with a massive ego, arrogance, and often selfishness on the pitch, but I reckon when he’s playing for Portugal at least, such behaviour is mostly motivated from his wishing to do the best for his country.

I’m pretty neutral on Portugal’s fortunes, but I found myself rooting for him when he scored his shootout penalty and wishing Portugal would go through so the earlier missed penalty wouldn’t be the talking point of them going out. I guess it’s silly for me to feel genuinely sorry for someone earning a hundred million quid a year or whatever it is he gets paid, but I guess I’m getting soppy in my dotage.

Yep at least Portugal forwards were running around a bit so the backs could pass the ball to them rather than just passing the ball between each other it's a much underrated feature of the modern game :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom