Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs The Netherlands, Wed 10/7 @ 8pm (ITV)

Y'know what, aside from the two goals, we had another disallowed for a very close offside, hit the post, and had one barely blocked off the line.

We definitely did our part to earn that win.

I telt yis.
Makes you wonder what might have happened if the extra dodgy penalty hadn't been gifted to England though.....

The dodgy penalty. Ok. But we got knocked out twice due to legitimate Sol Campbell goals being ruled out. And the worldie Lampard scored that was but wasn't over the line according to the ref didn't help in the defeat against Germany. But you take it for and against at the end of the day.

The dodgy penalty. Ok. But we got knocked out twice due to legitimate Sol Campbell goals being ruled out. And the worldie Lampard scored that was but wasn't over the line according to the ref didn't help in the defeat against Germany. But you take it for and against at the end of the day.
There is the "Ronaldo Penalty Rule". so, run into the box, kick the ball out towards the corner flag and fall over the goalie, and get a pen. On that basis, it was a pen.

Yeah, but Russian linesman.

Theres now that UEFA spokeswoman referee in the ITV coverage....they went to her before the pen was given and she said No Chance Of a Pen. Then the pen was given and scored and we never heard from her again! Good, she;s obviously WRONG about EVERYTHING"! :D

I think 'they' will be bigging Spain up as favourites. I don't think they should. And I think England should go in with the attitude that they are there on merit and are serious contenders.

I fell asleep as I only managed 2 hours sleep the night before. Other than the last goal how did we play? Probably not going to try and read the thread!

Last edited:
That was a dodgy penalty. I see it as revenge for 1993 when the Dutch stopped England from qualifying for the World Cup, Koeman should have been sent off, and he later scored.

There's a good account of the game from somene who was there.

I totally missed the winning goal! I was between screens in the office and heading to the car to go out on a call when it went in - oh well.

I totally missed the winning goal! I was between screens in the office and heading to the car to go out on a call when it went in - oh well.
Be prepared to do the same on Sunday.

You need to take over from me because although I can wear my "dub" shirt and play Warhammer Boltgun up until kickoff I can't keep this beard any longer.

Over to you

Back
Top Bottom