Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Spain, Sun 14/7 @ 8pm (BBC & ITV)

Well, who's going to win?

• Total voters
Kane’s still a great player. He’s just clearly not fit and completely shagged after his season at Bayern. I mean he scored 36 in 32 last season in the Bundesliga so I don’t think he’s done just yet.
Yeah, he's clearly had a poor tournament by his standards, but that's 7 matches off the back of a record season in a new league. Suggestions he's done are quite premature.

Him and Yamal both, Favelado. Williams is great.

Kane is good for another tourney, I reckon. Also, nice to see not everyone on here thinks Southgate is shite, they certainly hate him on CaB.

Best team won but England looked dangerous everytime they had possession in Spain half. That only seemed to happen about 5 times in the match though. Too many long balls to nowhere coming straight back.

It should still be in Southgate's gift if he stays or not. The players love him and he's done better than any England manager in my lifetime.

And he's a giant of decency in a trough of dickheads.

I think he's taken this team as far as he can, I think he deserves to escape with an achievement beyond everyone's wildest expectations.

Decent people will never forget what he brought to the role tbh. Not sure anyone can fill his shoes, I just hope they're competent and don't revert to the usual dickhead football manager drama.

Best team won but England looked dangerous everytime they had possession in Spain half. That only seemed to happen about 5 times in the match though. Too many long balls to nowhere coming straight back.
The giving it away cheaply second half was what done them. Do that against Spain and this happens. Have to really slow everything down really and just focus on keeping possession.

Kane scores lots of goals when the ball is endlessly fed to him, loose balls in the box etc but how many crosses/corners did we get today? Barely any, and that's to Spain's credit.

Today demanded more creative attacking, not the knocking in Kane does
Spain cut off passing into the box very well. Telling that England’s goal was a cutback I thought as they had other routes covered.

And he's a giant of decency in a trough of dickheads.

I think he's taken this team as far as he can, I think he deserves to escape with an achievement beyond everyone's wildest expectations.

Decent people will never forget what he brought to the role tbh. Not sure anyone can fill his shoes, I just hope they're competent and don't revert to the usual dickhead football manager drama.
Oh, but he's never won anything and he doesn't deserve his knighthood! Because all England managers between him and Venables did amazingly!

I just hope whoever succeeds him manages to unite the team rather than cause discord in the ranks. I don't want us ending up like Belgium.

Southgate clearly great for the players from a pastoral POV and they love him and play for him and he has an unarguable tournament record though England are always scrapping their way through. Feels like the team need an extra few percent he can’t give them

I’ve spent the past two days daydreaming about a win. It preoccupied me when fishing yesterday. The ecstasy of finally actually fucking winning something. If we get close again I am not going to do it. It’s just a forgone conclusion it feels like now. I’m not going to invest in it.

Back
Top Bottom