Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

No better time than the middle of a fucking pandemic to start kvetching about funding a global disease-fighting organisation. That is, as long as you're a tunnel-visioned psychopath who only cares about the bottom line rather than loads of people fucking dying.
Trouble is "worrying about the bottom line" was precisely what the WHO were doing when they decided not to close China's borders in January. If they had done, they would have saved tens of thousands of lives, and saved the bottom line. The WHO have completely fecked this up.
Trump pointing the finger and cutting the cash doesn't help now though.

Trump's version of hindsight is getting far too predictable.

Cutting funding to the WHO at this point in the pandemic helps no-one; least of all the poorer layers of the American nation, the ones who can't afford health insurance / treatment.
Thankfully, we in the UK have the NHS, underfunded as it is, the staff are working bloody hard, to try and cope.

Last edited:
Trouble is "worrying about the bottom line" was precisely what the WHO were doing when they decided not to close China's borders in January. If they had done, they would have saved tens of thousands of lives, and saved the bottom line. The WHO have completely fecked this up.

Yep, the WHO has been terrible and some of Trump's criticisms are well-founded - it's no coincidence that Taiwan, the one country shut out of the WHO, has done the best job controlling the outbreak, they sent their own experts to Wuhan early on, who spoke to local doctors and concluded that there was definitely evidence of person-to-person transmission.

But while an investigation of the WHO's failings is called for, cutting off funds to the organisation that is still fighting the pandemic, whatever its flaws, is just insane, especially since Trump is simultaneously shoveling trillions of dollars at corporations.

was there already not cases of covid in Singapore already in January, which is were it be claimed most of the European and USA cases arose from,
the closure of flights from China has not really effected anything as the Virus strain had already moved and mutated

Sking Holidays and wanky work conferences should of been banned

:hmm:

was there already not cases of covid in Singapore already in January, which is were it be claimed most of the European and USA cases arose from,
the closure of flights from China has not really effected anything as the Virus strain had already moved and mutated

Sking Holidays and wanky work conferences should of been banned

:hmm:
I would have stopped all but essential international travel by the end of January, with quarantine for returning nationals. This could, and should have been contained sooner.
Hopefully lessons will have been learned - that's the important thing now.
I'm not backing Trump, but WHO made some very bad decisions very early in this.

I would have stopped all but essential international travel by the end of January, with quarantine for returning nationals. This could, and should have been contained sooner.

I'm not backing Trump, but WHO made some very bad decisions very early in this.

the WHO advises the international community but has no controlling powers also no method to forces it recommendation on its member countries
if you think its budget is massive it barely scratches the surface of the remit it is suppose to control

it was trump among other world leaders who was dismissing this as not even as bad as the seasonal flu

Business interest were taking into account before the health of the population

Much like it is at the minute with plenty of people trying to reopen before we even have a vaccine

Fuck trump he close his own Country Pandemic response unit to save cost, underplayed the virus, has denied Funds, ventilators to his own states due to his own
ego

and has pulled out of the WHO because a female reporter made him look like a daft cunt yesterday..

Last edited:
Exactly. It's utter hypocrisy for Trump to castigate the WHO, when he was the one who had people telling him the score, as well as the authority to do more at the time, but failed to act appropriately.

Defunding the WHO means he is materially harming the effort to fight this virus. He's more than just a hypocrite, he is actually contributing to the death and misery of this sorry situation.

Which makes this deflection of his all the more disgusting.

I'd be really fucking scared right now if I lived in america and had whatever the fuck that was instead of any information at all when I turned on the tv to find out what the the government was doing to stop the deathtoll.

TBH, the only people I see freaking out are conservatives. I get a daily dose of "America must repent to end Corona" along with claims that the "Demonrats are taking our freedom away," despite the fact that the Republicans are in charge of most of the federal government and state governorships. I saw one guy on Facebook have a long hissy fit because he couldn't buy plastic lawn furniture or garden seeds at Walmart right now, as if the ability to buy plastic junk from Walmart is the definition of "freedom."

Exactly. It's utter hypocrisy for Trump to castigate the WHO, when he was the one who had people telling him the score, as well as the authority to do more at the time, but failed to act appropriately.

Defunding the WHO means he is materially harming the effort to fight this virus. He's more than just a hypocrite, he is actually contributing to the death and misery of this sorry situation.

Which makes this deflection of his all the more disgusting.
Saw this story on AP that their own dedicated military intelligence unit looking at global health risks was flagging it up internally long before WHO pandemic announcement too:

He's also yelling "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" and "LIBERATE MINNESOTA" - I think he must have become aroused by Fox footage of protesting idiots prancing around with rifles and forgotten that it will hurt him if a lot of old white people die before the election.

1586973390665-png.206936

View attachment 206936:mad:
The thing about that that struck me is that they're sending out paper cheques by the sound of it. How are people going to deposit them? Is everyone in the US traipsing down the bank?

The thing about that that struck me is that they're sending out paper cheques by the sound of it. How are people going to deposit them? Is everyone in the US traipsing down the bank?

They sent some by direct deposit.
Not all landed in the correct account.
Anyone with an outstanding debt didn't get any of the money. It went to the creditors.
Lots of dead people got money, as well.
Lots of overpayments - iirc, one was 8 million dollars.

It's a mess

I don't know if that many people will be getting paper checks - anyone who filed their taxes online or registered online to give the feds their bank details will apparently get paid by direct deposit.

Isn't that pretty much just asking for a bunch of knobs with guns to cause trouble?

No. The Second Amendment allows for the beaing ofr arms for a well ordered militia which is accountable to Congress. (which the Democrats hold) and he's doing it in States where the Democrats have the majority of Congressmen no less. It's quite a useful amendment actually, specifically put there in case some President decrees his power is absolute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom