Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

So do the Ukraine supporting posters here think it’s time to have a ceasefire, negotiate a settlement or time to press on?
I can't really answer that. While options 1 and 2 would obviously be best, neither side would accept them AFAIK.

What I do want, though, is for the establishment here (government, opposition, media etc.) to stop being absolute hypocrites with regard to Ukraine and Palestine.

He's pissed off the Americans didn't send him a carrier group or even a guided missile carrying submarine
The article in the Washington Post The39thStep posted a link to painted a discouraging picture of Zelensky. Isolated. Deluded. Messianic was a term an aide of his was quoted as saying.

The same article said the average age of the Ukrainian army was now 43 with press gang recruitment continuing.

Lobbing stuff at the Russians won’t achieve the Ukrainians stated victory or bust strategy.

Where does it go now?

The article in the Washington Post The39thStep posted a link to painted a discouraging picture of Zelensky. Isolated. Deluded. Messianic was a term an aide of his was quoted as saying.

The same article said the average age of the Ukrainian army was now 43 with press gang recruitment continuing.

Lobbing stuff at the Russians won’t achieve the Ukrainians stated victory or bust strategy.

Where does it go now?
Now it'll start getting bad

It's time to surge support readying for the post winter campaign. We cannot allow Ukraine to lose this war.

Who are "we"? I doubt that you I or Topcat could swing the result for one side or the other. Personally, I can't see that either side has any chance of victory in the their own terms.

So you think the Ukrainians should keep fighting? How will they replace the killed and injured soldiers?
Let's put it like this. If Russia prevails in Ukraine, one of the first things they are going to do is go through the place purging, torturing, and murdering everyone who fought (or they think fought) on the Ukraine side - and that will be the least of it. They lose all their people of fighting age if they lose, so they might as well go down fighting, regardless.

So you think the Ukrainians should keep fighting? How will they replace the killed and injured soldiers?

Both sides face that issue. It'll grind to a stalemate when one side or the other runs out of cannon fodder. The Russians have a larger population but a higher resistance to fighting.

Back
Top Bottom