Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

If they're continuing to do so? Why only then? Why not all along since the war started? You're incredibly naive to think that a graph that includes Q4 on the chart is trying to fool anyone or that in a matter of hours Russia will unleash a barrage that would dramatically change the numbers. Those statements get made probably because they're true and significant on predicting what to expect in the future. This intersect on the graph is no surprise. In other words, the trend has been noticed for a long time. It wouldn't even matter if the graph was indeed wrong, and Russia and Ukraine are actually even at this point, which is hardly possible because they can detect artillery. The important thing is an artillery-based army is disarming itself for no good reason. It points to what is seen in other parts of their army - terrible command, and in this case, terrible battlefield command.
What you don't seem to understand, is I'm not arguing with you about what's happening in the Russian military, I'm not arguing about the reasons that might make numbers go up or down, nor am I trying to make any predictions of my own.

What I'm questioning is how much we can actually take from that graph, which appears to show a very obvious and clear trend, in conjunction with the title that states something that is not true, or at least is not backed up by the data offered as the source of the graph.

Aside from Q4 being included despite being in the future when the source data was compiled, and aside from there seeming to be no data to justify the figure for Q3 either - what if we actually look at the figures for Russia, what do they show? I'm reposting them at the bottom below.

They show a pretty clear decline between 1Q22 and 3Q22. Can't really argue with that (all assuming that the estimates gathered have some degree of credibility - I don't know if they do, but for the purposes of this argument let's assume they do).

But the figure for 2Q23 is the same as the figure for 4Q22. And what if we actually look at the figures for 1Q23 - as I already pointed out, the 28K (used for the chart) doesn't make any sense.

The estimates for 1Q23 are: 15K, 23K, and 25K (I think - even this is not clear). The average of that is (15+23+25)/3 = 21K.

Put that on the chart and you have a straight line for 4Q22 through to 2Q23. That implies a more or less constant level for 6 to 9 months. Below on the right is the real chart of the numbers presented. I have made my amendments with a similar disregard for graphical quality as the original. Now that projected dotted line looks quite silly. Doesn't mean it won't come true - like I say I am only talking about honest representation of the actual data here. I'm not trying to make any predictions about what is or isn't going to happen.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 21.23.12.jpgScreenshot 2023-10-15 at 21.10.38.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 21.02.20.jpg

What you don't seem to understand, is I'm not arguing with you about what's happening in the Russian military, I'm not arguing about the reasons that might make numbers go up or down, nor am I trying to make any predictions of my own.

What I'm questioning is how much we can actually take from that graph, which appears to show a very obvious and clear trend, in conjunction with the title that states something that is not true, or at least is not backed up by the data offered as the source of the graph.

Aside from Q4 being included despite being in the future when the source data was compiled, and aside from there seeming to be no data to justify the figure for Q3 either - what if we actually look at the figures for Russia, what do they show? I'm reposting them at the bottom below.

They show a pretty clear decline between 1Q22 and 3Q22. Can't really argue with that (all assuming that the estimates gathered have some degree of credibility - I don't know if they do, but for the purposes of this argument let's assume they do).

But the figure for 2Q23 is the same as the figure for 4Q22. And what if we actually look at the figures for 1Q23 - as I already pointed out, the 28K (used for the chart) doesn't make any sense.

The estimates for 1Q23 are: 15K, 23K, and 25K (I think - even this is not clear). The average of that is (15+23+25)/3 = 21K.

Put that on the chart and you have a straight line for 4Q22 through to 2Q23. That implies a more or less constant level for 6 to 9 months. Below on the right is the real chart of the numbers presented. I have made my amendments with a similar disregard for graphical quality as the original. Now that projected dotted line looks quite silly. Doesn't mean it won't come true - like I say I am only talking about honest representation of the actual data here. I'm not trying to make any predictions about what is or isn't going to happen.

View attachment 395641View attachment 395640

View attachment 395638
You need to get out more

Seems the US has handed over ATACMS longer ranger missiles to Kyiv, using the Israel mess to sly them over. And it's no surprise that they have so far used them to have a right old pop at the occupying forces.

Of course Russia does jack shit in reply. Is it not time time to stop fannying around? Russia's threats are fucking empty.

AAA.png

Unless the worry is not about nuclear weapons but what would happen in a destabilised Russia, which seems to be one interpretation of why Ukraine is being drip fed with support.

Seems the US has handed over ATACMS longer ranger missiles to Kyiv, using the Israel mess to sly them over. And it's no surprise that they have so far used them to have a right old pop at the occupying forces.

Of course Russia does jack shit in reply. Is it not time time to stop fannying around? Russia's threats are fucking empty.

View attachment 395914
The War will be decided on the Surovikin Line not by Missile Strikes on Crimea or Drone Attacks on Moscow

Yesterday was the costliest day so far for the Russians, according to Ukranian reports. I've seen Telegram posts claiming that the big push by Russia was due to Putin visiting and so they wanted to give him a 'gift' - presumably some good news, about taking Andriivka.

Instead, they lost 55 tanks and over 1,000 troops, along with other equipment.

It sounds, and looks, like a bloodbath. Grim stuff. I don't know how they can sustain these losses....

I realise it's war and not funny, but I find it hard to not snigger at the one submarine thing. (I'm presuming there were few/no casualties there since it was resting at dock)

Yesterday was the costliest day so far for the Russians, according to Ukranian reports. I've seen Telegram posts claiming that the big push by Russia was due to Putin visiting and so they wanted to give him a 'gift' - presumably some good news, about taking Andriivka.

Instead, they lost 55 tanks and over 1,000 troops, along with other equipment.

It sounds, and looks, like a bloodbath. Grim stuff. I don't know how they can sustain these losses....

I’ve done a search for “Russian casualties Andriivka” and the reports seem to be talking about Ukrainian claims rather than confirmation, Does anyone have access to any videos or images to prove the claims ? Otherwise we’re just looking at a jpeg file with numbers on it

I’ve done a search for “Russian casualties Andriivka” and the reports seem to be talking about Ukrainian claims rather than confirmation, Does anyone have access to any videos or images to prove the claims ? Otherwise we’re just looking at a jpeg file with numbers on it

Really need an independent source about these deaths tbh. The same issue has been raised on the Gaza thread

Back
Top Bottom