Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Not sure about the Scots and the Irish, but there was a lot of Polish ex-servicemen and their families who settled in North Wales after the war - especially around Wrexham.
There was quite a few Polish settling in the UK after WW2 - areas included the North East, and the Llyn Peninsula ... plenty of other areas, as well.

$288 million from US last year for military assistance. Poland can't be allowed to get too big for their britches. It doesn't even have to be direct either nor does it have to be money.

This was the USA's press release on that funding .Do you really think they are going to reverse the tone of that due to a dispute over Ukrainian wheat exports within the EU concerning three or four states?

This was the USA's press release on that funding .Do you really think they are going to reverse the tone of that due to a dispute over Ukrainian wheat exports within the EU concerning three or four states?

Do you think they wouldn't? Poland is too important to be ignored. This back and forth between them and Ukraine has to draw the interests of everyone involved. I think Zelensky will get a talking to as well.

Do you think they wouldn't? Poland is too important to be ignored. This back and forth between them and Ukraine has to draw the interests of everyone involved. I think Zelensky will get a talking to as well.
The EU is trying internally to not inflame the situation over the wheat imports issue and overt American interference would do exactly the opposite .
You don’t deal with situations like this by a non EU ally declaring an ally in Europe being ‘too big for it britches ‘ , threatening to cut off aid when you have sent them nearly 300m last year because of their strategic importance and value and when that country has an election.
There are more subtle ways to influence than ‘twisting arms’ in public .

The EU is trying internally to not inflame the situation over the wheat imports issue and overt American interference would do exactly the opposite .
You don’t deal with situations like this by a non EU ally declaring an ally in Europe being ‘too big for it britches ‘ , threatening to cut off aid when you have sent them nearly 300m last year because of their strategic importance and value and when that country has an election.
There are more subtle ways to influence than ‘twisting arms’ in public .

Why would you think such a thing would be done in public? And your nonsense about "EU ally" is just that.

Why would you think such a thing would be done in public? And your nonsense about "EU ally" is just that.
Let's face it , none of your ' twisting arms, Poland can't be allowed to get too big for their britches, Poland thinks it can call the shots' foot stamping is going to happen. In fact, this is probably a small taster about similar arguments that could well occur in the process if and when Ukraine joins the EU and they have to revise the CAP. The cake is going to have to be divided differently and there will inevitably be squabbles.

Best off sticking to tanks

Let's face it , none of your ' twisting arms, Poland can't be allowed to get too big for their britches, Poland thinks it can call the shots' foot stamping is going to happen. In fact, this is probably a small taster about similar arguments that could well occur in the process if and when Ukraine joins the EU and they have to revise the CAP. The cake is going to have to be divided differently and there will inevitably be squabbles.

Best off sticking to tanks

You don't know that. It's naive to think it won't. Something like this has an impact beyond just the EU.

I didn't say Wales was part of England, it's just that my understanding, based on reading on urban75, was that technically Wales isn't entirely a proper country, not like Scotland is, anyway.
Nice try sunshine... You know what was implied by what you wrote and, if that was not your intent, then maybe you should be more careful with what you write.

I know that many of you are fixated on the idea of the nation state and get a bit emotional about it, and of course that's why we've got things like Brexit, but I think it's important to just accept people as they are and not define them by drawing lines on maps. That said it's just a fact that institutional structures and other things mean that Scotland is the only one of the UK's constituent "countries" that really has a claim to being one in its own right. And that's why, realistically, it's the only one that's ever likely to get anywhere with independence from the UK.

I know that many of you are fixated on the idea of the nation state and get a bit emotional about it, and of course that's why we've got things like Brexit, but I think it's important to just accept people as they are and not define them by drawing lines on maps. That said it's just a fact that institutional structures and other things mean that Scotland is the only one of the UK's constituent "countries" that really has a claim to being one in its own right. And that's why, realistically, it's the only one that's ever likely to get anywhere with independence from the UK.
You don't really give a shit about the conflict between Ukraine and russia. None of your posts this month mention either country.

I've heard some people say that in the UK it's whether or not you're allowed to be in the union jack. It's not me who makes the rules about the union jack though - don't shoot the messenger.
When God created Wales he gave it lush grass for grazing, sheep and cows to provide food and clothes.
He gave it coal to warm its people and rose gold to adorn them.
He gave it thick forests full of timber and plenty of life sustaining water.
He gave it rolling hills and beautiful valleys and towering mountains cutting into the sky.

He bent down and kissed the top of a mountain and created the first Welshman whose language and song were as melodic as an angelic choir.

The Welshman asked him “my lord why have you blessed me all these glorious blessings?”

God laughed and said “its not all good my son, you haven’t seen the neighbors I’m giving you. Right nasty cunts they are.”

p.s. We've got our own badass flag. You can stick your union jack up your arse.

The six counties say hold my beer

Whilst I am still of the opinion that they deserved what they got, that very much humanises them and is hard reading.

Once this is over, however that pans out, there's going to be decades of widows and orphans all over Russia who are going to believe that Ukraine was the aggressor in all this and their husbands/fathers died heroically protecting the Motherland from that aggression, the hatred this generates will just go on and on.

What a fucking mess.

Back
Top Bottom