Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

The term "Russki" seems to be being used quite freely in this thread. It's a kind of ethnic slur like "Chinky".

And in any case it's not Russian people in general who have started this war, it's a very small subset of Russians who hold the power.

It's kind of this bit that's the main point really.

Anyway, seeing as it's so similar to the russian word, we can simply ignore its history and the derogatory context it's usually used in, so that's all fine.

And in any case it's not Russian people in general who have started this war, it's a very small subset of Russians who hold the power.

Anyway, seeing as it's so similar to the russian word, we can simply ignore its history and the derogatory context it's usually used in, so that's all fine.

Everyone knows the context it has been used in here, apart from any complete fuckwits.

Oh, that's you.

Russians definitely aren't a monolothic group in support of the war, much as Putin's regime wants it to appear that way - almost 20,000 people have reportedly been arrested for expressing opposition

Parishioners have denounced Russian priests who advocated peace instead of victory in the war on Ukraine. Teachers lost their jobs after children tattled that they opposed the war. Neighbors who bore some trivial grudge for years have snitched on longtime foes. Workers rat on one another to their bosses or directly to the police or the Federal Security Service.

...Private conversations in restaurants and rail cars are fair game for eavesdroppers, who call police to arrest “traitors” and “enemies.” Social media posts, and messages — even in private chat groups — become incriminating evidence that can lead to a knock on the door by agents of the Federal Security Service of FSB.

I presume you are currently drafting your challenge on what you would see as similar unacceptable behaviour some hours ago and before your most recent 'contribution' to this thread. Otherwise we would have to assume your hypocrisy in relation to this matter.

In the interview with Laura Kuenssberg, he suggested he was offended when challenged about Russia's conduct.
Insisting Russia "hasn't just started yet to act very seriously"

Russia's just been warming up for the past year or so, when it wants to it will stop the wholesale slaughter of its own troops and really get stuck in. Fucking delusional prick.

Ta. I don't particularly have a problem with that word tbh and it wasn't me that raised the issue. However, I was pleased that we managed to stamp out the term orcs after a bit of umming and ahhing .
OK. How about this?
Sauron - Putin
Saruman - Levtushenko
Frodo Baggins - Zelensky
Shelob the Great - NATO
Gandalf - Biden
Russian drones - the Nazgul
Ukrainian drones - the Great Eagles
Tom Bombadil - Top Cat?

Back
Top Bottom