Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

And you'd think that taking out energy facilities is going to cause loss of life in hospitals, and homes because of hypothermia too.
exactly that - its why in a US strategy paper the death count from taking out almost entirely the energy grid in Iraq when attacked by the US in 1991 has been estimated at 70,000-170,000 dead at the top end because of damage "including the loss of power to hospitals, the breakdown of water purification systems, and damage to sewage systems, which then contaminated the water supply.
source

They won’t get many Patriot missile battery units. A couple around the presidential palace etc.

Things are still at the early stage where certain countries are eager to be seen to contribute on this front, but yes so far the commitment is rather modest.

The latest example:

The crashed Helicopter appears to be a Ukrainian Super Puma reportedly with 9 on board
They received 2 newly upgraded from Romania in 2018

canem scribebat in impluvioum

Thats the only Latin I can remember from my two years of study. It's the phrase we were told definitely not to write when trying to say...... something I have completely forgotten.

always a wind up when people drop french or latin in a sentence and expect you to understand it
that said reductio ad absurdum sounds like English enough, reduction to the point of absurdity i presume
It's a specific type of argument in formal logic (that I'm not going to pretend to understand) but poshy showoff types use it to mean 'a gross oversimplification' because that's what it sounds like it means.

Back
Top Bottom