Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I’m glad the Fascist shits are dead. Not cheering death like some mad shanks on this thread but glad.
Get a grip. it's already been discussed in this thread that that the Azov battalion may very well be not entirely made up of facist sympathisers/supporters. In any event it looks to be a war crime and nobody with half a braincell should be believing anything that Russia says, they are serial liars.

It's not just the laughable moral disconnect, it's that applauding the use of torture and murder against people you've be told by blatant propaganda that you shouldn't like is a very obvious gateway drug to it happening to you...

Many people are quite that awful, but only a few reach such stunning levels of stupidity.

The only good Nazis are dead Nazis.

Most of you lot seem to apply terms and conditions to that.

No idea how many of them were far right, and quite possibly none were. Not that tbh it makes any difference to me.

Execution, likely after torture, of prisoners who'd surrendered in a war, is not something I'd have expected anyone on here to be OK with. Especially when done by an arguably borderline fascist State who'd invaded the country they live in.

Have a think about whether you'd be OK if this happened in other circumstances. Maybe German soldiers in the '40s being shot? Daesh prisoners in Syria? Come to think of it you think the British State is far right, so maybe you think it'd be OK for British soldiers to be shot out of hand while prisoners? And if not why not? You fucking stupid Russian State propaganda swallowing simplistic dicks.

Ex-Nazis, Nazis who have seen the error of their ways, could be OK too. There's also people who get called Nazis who never were actually Nazis. I would think most Ukrainians are unlikely to buy into a philosophy whose core beliefs include the supremacy of the German people and regarding all Slavic peoples as subhuman. So there remains the strong possibility that Russian propaganda is nothing but a tissue of lies from start to finish.

Ex-Nazis, Nazis who have seen the error of their ways, could be OK too. There's also people who get called Nazis who never were actually Nazis. I would think most Ukrainians are unlikely to buy into a philosophy whose core beliefs include the supremacy of the German people and regarding all Slavic peoples as subhuman. So there remains the strong possibility that Russian propaganda is nothing but a tissue of lies from start to finish.
The Russians have been trying to paint Ukrainian nationalism as Nazism since before they invaded the first time. It's depressing to see how many people seem to swallow that narrative, even if only partly.

Yeah, of course nationalist movements will have their extremist fellow travellers, just like the Russian white supremacists/neo-Nazis that Putin clearly at best tolerates, but it seems stupidly fucking naive to use that brush to paint great swathes of those in Ukraine fighting Russia for the very existence of their country as "Nazis".

Most of you lot seem to apply terms and conditions to that.
If someone brought you a captive, bound and gagged and covered in blood and his own piss, shaking and whimpering in pain and fear, put a gun in your hand and said, "shoot this fascist pig" you would not.

You. Would. Not.

And if you would, you're a psychopath who needs help.

So fuck off with this puerile posing.

For a start, if you still think that at this point in time, "Azov are all nazis," then you're following red-brown, far-right or official Kremlin propaganda.

There've been literal Jewish people fighting in eastern Ukraine, including in Azov batallion. Muslims too. Ethnic minorities, women. Ordinary working class guys most of these people are, loads of them never even wanted to be in the military, fighting for survival and for their families and communities, rather than end up as third class citizens or raped or killed under Putin's jackboots. Have a look at what's going in Russia now, the clamping down on free expression, anti-LGBT propaganda and persecution, the silencing of journalists who dare put a foot out of line. And the hateful rhetoric against Ukrainians.

And same if you think that the kind of people who are torturing and murdering Ukrainians are doing it for some noble cause. The great irony is plenty of them boast about their own fascist views. This isn't the rare exception filmed years ago either. These people are committing warcrimes and they don't give a flying fuck about the political views of the people they torture and maim and execute in cold blood.

If someone brought you a captive, bound and gagged and covered in blood and his own piss, shaking and whimpering in pain and fear, put a gun in your hand and said, "shoot this fascist pig" you would not.

You. Would. Not.

And if you would, you're a psychopath who needs help.

So fuck off with this puerile posing.

I think you will find that there were no shortage of people who did when the Nazis and fascists were defeated in Europe . The period between defeat , the official surrender and the state ordered trials and executions of fascists and Nazis , saw thousands summarily executed by those that had suffered under them.

Now whilst I am not comparing that period with what is alleged to have happened recently in Ukraine I am challenging your view that people would have to be psychopathic to kill fascists and Nazis .

I think you will find that there were no shortage of people who did when the Nazis and fascists were defeated in Europe . The period between defeat , the official surrender and the state ordered trials and executions of fascists and Nazis , saw thousands summarily executed by those that had suffered under them.

Now whilst I am not comparing that period with what is alleged to have happened recently in Ukraine I am challenging your view that people would have to be psychopathic to kill fascists and Nazis .
Didn't realise WhyLikeThis was a victim of the Nazis.

I think 6 years of war probably created many psychopaths and a great deal of vengeful rage and PTSD.

Have a think about whether you'd be OK if this happened in other circumstances. Maybe German soldiers in the '40s being shot? Daesh prisoners in Syria? Come to think of it you think the British State is far right, so maybe you think it'd be OK for British soldiers to be shot out of hand while prisoners? And if not why not? You fucking stupid Russian State propaganda swallowing simplistic dicks.

Plenty on here were creaming themselves over the possible mass execution of Daesh prisoners, including the likes of Shamima Begum who was a non-combatant and more importantly was groomed by islamists while still a child.

In the case of Italy and Germany the experience of fascism was considerably longer . I think France whose occupation by the fascists was considerably shorter was the bloodiest retribution .
I think my point is, posturing about dead fascists is perhaps understandable when organised fascists are killing all and sundry around you, and have been for years. When family and friends have been killed by them and you yourself have been imprisoned and tortured etc.

But here, now, anyone talking glibly of killing anyone when they've never done it and in reality the act would very likely turn their stomach, is just childish IMO.

Back
Top Bottom