Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Hopefully France will veto the hell out of this stupid idea.

I think the idea that this will get anywhere where it needs to be vetoed is amusing.

NATO does not chose rabble rousers with dubious Russian connections as it's Sec Gens.

This is a puff piece. There is nothing behind it - save Johnson's ego, the Torygraphs' wounded pride at having pushed and supported Johnson for, and as, PM, and the desire of some in government to get him out of UK politics - to this story.

There is not one PM, Sec Def or Foreign ministry in Europe or the US pushing for this. You may calm your sweated brow...

According to this, due to sanctions the Russian economy is in serious trouble:

I like this bit:

The most obvious challenge facing Putin’s rainy day funds is the fact that of his around $600 billion in foreign exchange reserves, accumulated from years’ worth of oil and gas revenues, $300 billion is frozen and out of reach with allied countries across the United States, Europe, and Japan restricting access. There have been some calls to seize this $300 billion to finance the reconstruction of Ukraine.

Horrible footage has been put out by Russians torturing Ukrainian POW.

Dozens of Ukrainian POWs have been killed in a rocket attack in Donetsk.
And yet all of the Russian guards were conveniently unharmed. The POWs were all defenders of the Asovstal refinery in Mariupol. Things that make you go :hmm:

And the Russian Embassy has tweeted a fairly disgustingly "they had it coming" comment, in response. More :hmm:.

And yet all of the Russian guards were conveniently unharmed. The POWs were all defenders of the Asovstal refinery in Mariupol. Things that make you go :hmm:

And the Russian Embassy has tweeted a fairly disgustingly "they had it coming" comment, in response. More :hmm:.
Yep.

I didn't post a BBC link because it was very "both sides accuse each other."
I wish the Russian embassy would be closed down and its propogandists sent packing. Honestly I don't know how some people can sleep at night. I realise it's easy for others however, being devoid of a conscience and all.

Dozens of Ukrainian POWs have been killed in a rocket attack in Donetsk.

Was it a rocket attack though? I recall seeing on BBC that Russians claimed a rocket attack and Ukrainians said the distribution of the bodies was inconsistent with that claim, that it was in fact arson to hide signs of torture.
Also: people on the Ukrainian discord strongly recommend not watching the torture video that has been released. Look after your mental health, people.

Was it a rocket attack though? I recall seeing on BBC that Russians claimed a rocket attack and Ukrainians said the distribution of the bodies was inconsistent with that claim, that it was in fact arson to hide signs of torture.
Also: people on the Ukrainian discord strongly recommend not watching the torture video that has been released. Look after your mental health, people.
I'll check that, thanks.

Totally agree about that video or any really nasty footage.

There's a good thread here speculating on the likely Russian execution of the Ukrainian PoWs. Long story short, it looks like it might have been personal rocket assisted flamethrowers fired through the windows of the prison and left until the prisoners were dead.

This was the Azov brigade who died?

No. Hence me asking. Was it the Azov brigade who died?
I've just told you. Some were.

Ukraine has labelled Russia a "terrorist state" after Moscow's UK embassy tweeted that Ukrainian Azov battalion soldiers deserved a "humiliating death" by hanging.
The embassy tweet came after more than 50 Ukrainian prisoners of war (POWs) held by Russia were killed - Azov soldiers reportedly among them.
They died in an attack on Olenivka prison in Russian-held eastern Ukraine.

Can you explain why is it relevant so I understand what you're thinking? Have you been checking on the unit of the Ukrainian soldier that was castrated and then executed as well?
Why would you not answer? I will look it up elsewhere.

Why would you not answer? I will look it up elsewhere.

It's been answered already in the post right after your initial question. Some were, but I imagine not comprehensively accurately as it's unclear. But I would like to know why you think it's relevant what unit some of the executed were in?

Back
Top Bottom