Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care what motorsport fans think of you? isn't that your problem? why do the grid girls have to take responsibility for your insecurities? Do good looking women in public make you feel the same way? What responsibility should they take for your feelings?
And the point about the messages this kind of thing sends to girls growing up? What about those? 'You can grow up to be a pretty cheerleader, supporting the boys', not 'you can grow up to do the things the boys will be doing'.

This is a bizarre argument, tbh. They're paid well for an easy job, which most of them are probably very happy to have. But within the context in which they can get this kind of money for managing to stand, smile and hold a thing all at the same time (Only open to stunning beauties, as judged by me. Sorry love - so not a personal decision open to all persons), there is no 'right' to have this kind of work. There is either a demand for it or there is not.

As elbows said, the only wonder here is that it took so long for this to change.

Well this is the thing, the way the papers aregoing on you'd think it was a ban handed down from parliament rather than F1 making their own decision. That decision is based on the direction the percieve public opinion to be heading.

I'm not sure that direction is such a great one though since it so closely resembles what we see in other authoritarian societies.

Shrug. The world changes some industries thrive others fall by the wayside.

True - though I am struggling to think of another industry that failed because its male owners wanted to take a stand against the exploitation of women, in the aftermath of an event in which women were exploited, by telling women their services are no longer required.

Well this is the thing, the way the papers aregoing on you'd think it was a ban handed down from parliament rather than F1 making their own decision. That decision is based on the direction the percieve public opinion to be heading.

I'm not sure that direction is such a great one though since it so closely resembles what we see in other authoritarian societies.

omg facism. It's just a business decision you twit.

And the point about the messages this kind of thing sends to girls growing up? What about those? 'You can grow up to be a pretty cheerleader, supporting the boys', not 'you can grow up to do the things the boys will be doing'.

So put some boys on the grid in pants, campaign for girls to get into karting and hence into adult motorsport. Plenty of things we could do other than act prudish.

They're modelling clothes.
Not solely though, are they? Female models advertise everything from coffee to toothpaste, via detergent, pet food and insurance policies. Many girls aspire to a modelling career. Is that something that should be discouraged?

Let's hope some of these teenage girl magazines and women's magazines follow suit - because some of the content in these rags are just as damaging to women and (especially) teenage girls, in terms of objectifying and judging them. Will be interesting, too, what the A listers to Z listers think about this, as they parade themselves for the cameras at the next premiere or showbiz love-fest. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Thought not.

Lights! Camera! Action! Indeed.

Well quite. The people who force actresses to turn up almost naked at award ceremonies must be stopped... Oh, wait a minute, it is actually their own choice of dress. Anyone smell the slightest whiff of hypocrisy?

Not solely though, are they? Female models advertise everything from coffee to toothpaste, via detergent, pet food and insurance policies. Many girls aspire to a modelling career. Is that something that should be discouraged?

Yes, at least as the industry currently exists.

Basically this.
Christ this thread got depressing. no-no you’re just being a dick, parading the ‘all feminists are just bitter cos they’re not hotties’ line of argument.

I didn't parade it, I asked what the problem was and trash pony posted about feeling humiliated because men were judgeing her against "hotties"

True - though I am struggling to think of another industry that failed because its male owners wanted to take a stand against the exploitation of women, in the aftermath of an event in which women were exploited, by telling women their services are no longer required.

Well it's purely a business decision whichever way they may spin it. Also the women are still wanted, they can buy a ticket like everyone else or get real good at the sport themselves.

With the darts whilst this may have been one of their better earning gigs their income from this must have a been a fraction of their annual income as its only a few hours work eight or ten times a year. It's just not that big a deal really.

I didn't parade it, I asked what the problem was and trash pony posted about feeling humiliated because men were judgeing her against "hotties"

It's this bit i was thinking of
We're all judged constantly on how we look, what we say, what we know, the list is endless. So what?

Why do you care what motorsport fans think of you? isn't that your problem? why do the grid girls have to take responsibility for your insecurities? Do good looking women in public make you feel the same way? What responsibility should they take for your feelings?

I can't even be bothered to argue with you though tbh, as your ideas are basically nonsense (nothing should ever change unless everyone in the world totally agrees thats its in their individual economic best interests).

We interviewed some slaves earlier. A couple of them were delighted to have a roof over their head and a hot meal every day. Therefore it's absolutely fine to keep slaves.

You see grid girls as akin to slaves? Sex slaves no doubt....What's wrong with you?!

So put some boys on the grid in pants, campaign for girls to get into karting and hence into adult motorsport. Plenty of things we could do other than act prudish.
I'm not a prude. This is all about context. I also don't care about motorsport. But the idea that events should involve men taking part with women as decoration appears to be nearing its shelf-life. And about time too.

That won't attract young women or girls into motor sport you twit.

Basically this.
Christ this thread got depressing. no-no you’re just being a dick, parading the ‘all feminists are just bitter cos they’re not hotties’ line of argument.

There is some truth in it though, the ultra-feminists don't tend to be Miss World (even without the swimsuit round) contestants. :D

I need to be elsewhere, and apologise unreservedly for this post, I just couldn't resist it. Put it down to 'Within every grown man is a small boy desperately trying to get out'.

We're all judged constantly on how we look, what we say, what we know, the list is endless. So what?

Why would they take responsibility for anyone's feelings? It's not about the grid girls. If you think it's about them, you're deluded. It's about the system that objectifies women. It's about my daughter thinking she has to please men all the time because that is ALL SHE FUCKING SEES AROUND HER.

Well quite. The people who force actresses to turn up almost naked at award ceremonies must be stopped... Oh, wait a minute, it is actually their own choice of dress. Anyone smell the slightest whiff of hypocrisy?
I can smell something but I actually thought it was coming from you.

It's this bit i was thinking of

I can't even be bothered to argue with you though tbh, as your ideas are basically nonsense (nothing should ever change unless everyone in the world totally agrees thats its in their individual economic best interests).

No, that's not my argument at all. there are other ways to change the message delivered to girls as they grow up that don't invovle hiding women.

There is some truth in it though, the ultra-feminists don't tend to be Miss World (even without the swimsuit round) contestants. :D

I need to be elsewhere, and apologise unreservedly for this post, I just couldn't resist it. Put it down to 'Within every grown man is a small boy desperately trying to get out'.
You're a complete cunt. I apologise unreservedly for calling you a cunt, you cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom