Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to apologise to the whole thread for using the word 'cunt', for when I called that cunt a cunt just now.

So put some boys on the grid in pants

Here you go: one for the ladies.....

gp-monaco-grid-boy-750x500.jpg

the heady aroma of reaction. I'm also getting hints of 'myth of the level playing field'.

its true to say that men are not judged on standards of beauty in the same way as women. Not with the same social weighting nor with the same historical baggage. To claim that 'we are all judged' in some banal apolitical truism, well how thick is that. Would one care to apply that to say, skin colour? Well we are all judged so y'know, its just that. Nothing else to see here. Certainly we can't look beyond oh noes burqa by the back door or some shit. Have a word

No, that's not my argument at all. there are other ways to change the message delivered to girls as they grow up that don't invovle hiding women.
Where have you got this 'hiding women' thing from?

To go back to the cricket example from earlier, you have two leagues: in India, there's a men's competition with female cheerleaders; in Australia, there is a men's match, which comes directly after a women's match. Messages: in the former, girls, you can be a cheerleader; in the latter, girls, you can be a cricketer.

To go back to the cricket example from earlier, you have two leagues: in India, there's a men's competition with female cheerleaders; in Australia, there is a men's match, which comes directly after a women's match. Messages: in the former, girls, you can be a cheerleader; in the latter, girls, you can be a cricketer.

ok, so the problem is that there aren't enough messages for girls. There's nothing wrong with being a cheerleader, the problem is the lack of other messages. So get your daughter into karting or cricket or whatever she wants to do rather than tellig other people what they can't do anymore.

There are certainly loads who'll put in the 'not acceptable' disclaimer then reach straight for the 'but...'

There is no defensible 'but'. Being serious for a moment, rather than the 'piss taking' posts above, it is never acceptable to lay hands on another person without their consent. I was taught this by my father, and have followed it all my life. No means no, not maybe or yes.

Men are physically stronger, this generates the assault; women get ripped to bits in court, this engenders the pathetic conviction rate for such offences. We had a case some years back in Scotland, where a rape victim had to hold up in court, the underwear she had been wearing the night of the attack. Shortly afterwards she took her own life. Until there is law in place to protect women, the conviction rates will remain low. That is a disgrace.

The Big Bash have cheerleaders too though.

I think a general strike in support of 4 or 5 women who have lost 16 or so hours work a year is what is needed. To the barricades old friends.

To be fair to the IPL, they do not encourage most of the women viewing it to be a cheerleader either.

ok, so the problem is that there aren't enough messages for girls. There's nothing wrong with being a cheerleader, the problem is the lack of other messages. So get your daughter into karting or cricket or whatever she wants to do rather than tellig other people what they can't do anymore.
tbh these messages affect both boys and girls, don't they. Such things can be overcome, but they form a backdrop against which you have to fight.

Fuck me sideways, some men here really are stupid cunts.

If you can’t see why “grid girls” need consigning to the history books you need to take a long hard look at yourself.
I was going to give some kind of considered post about cheerleading and its detrimental effect on women but, actually, I think your post pretty much covers it.

Last year Loius Vuitton and a few other fashion companies decided it probably wasn't a good idea to use children and size zero models to shill their shit. That story received a fraction of coverage F1 not wanting to pay models to stand in front of their wagons on the start line. An odd World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom