Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far safer to stay with the men thing than the class thing here though. Without seeing the guest list it's impossible to say for certain but I'd bet money that half of those tables were bought by traders and brokers and anyone with any experience of either will tell you that they are absolutely not the preserve of posh boys and far more likely to be occupied by wide boys from Kent and Essex! :D

Traders and brokers are proles now?

I'm not surprised about Botham's involvement. He was regularly involved in those I attended many, many years ago.

There is a World of difference between going to charity events where women are groped and groping women at a charity event.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It's not like the President's Club is the only way to make a donation. They could just make a donation.
They could but I reckon due to the shitstorm they'll all be keeping their heads down currently. Not many will want to be publicly linked with the event or charity currently.

I read somewhere that the donations made were less than the cost of running the event.
It wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

The first I went to, in the mid seventies, used to separate the running costs from the other returns. The hosts would usually barely break even. They'd still make a couple of thousand for charity though. In the seventies this was decent money being raised in a smallish east coast town.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the donations made were less than the cost of running the event.
I had a similar suspicion yesterday when I tracked down their annual income figures yesterday (posted a few pages back, but didn't go into great detail). Bit like these 'sponsor me to go trekking in the Himalayas on my gap year to benefit sick kids' things.

I saw similar, can't find it now but someone on twitter saying that the cost of the event was very close to the total donations, like a few grand difference (to give away).

Probably. But there were about 32 more.

£175 X 150 for the hostesses and probably the same again to the agency that sent them would add up to a lot of those tables. Plus there's the cost of the foie gras or whatever food it is they serve at this kind of thing.

I interpret the statement as saying that the total of what the guests paid to attend was more than the total of the charity lots they paid for or otherwise donated. Not that the event didn't cover its overheads.
That's more likely. A fag packet calculation suggests about £600k raised on table sales. Caring's £400k plus a few others might have come in under that.

They could but I reckon due to the shitstorm they'll all be keeping their heads down currently. Not many will want to be publicly linked with the event or charity currently.
Sure, but as Yossarian suggested, someone could swoop in as a white knight. If played correctly someone who attended could possibly even pull it off. "It's not right that this great cause should lose out because of our mistakes, so I will still be donating £X. Lessons have been learned", sort of thing.

About £26,000. They still have over half a million to play with.
Renting the Dorchester for the night isn't free. And it sounds like lots of the guests had rooms. The figures will probably come out in a while. Charity commission is investigating apparently.

I thought that the money paid for the tables was wholly separate from the money raised as donations through an auction. It was the model that used to be used.

Bit like these 'sponsor me to go trekking in the Himalayas on my gap year to benefit sick kids' things.

I use to work at a US tech company that had a sabbatical policy, I'd get endless begging letters from wankers who wanted a year off to ride a moped across India sponsored
by their collegues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom