Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK captains of industry have charity night where they sexually assault young female 'hostesses'

Status
Not open for further replies.
...one of my *sources* passed me a little morsel this morning. Apparently someone professionally connected to one of those involved looks very miserable/distressed/distracted right now because of this.

Can't say more than that ('cos I don't yet know more) but hopefully there's a ripple effect happening.

Last edited:
There is a World of difference between going to charity events where women are groped and groping women at a charity event.
Doesn't the one imply a level of complicity in the other? It wasn't as if it was a one off. In the seventies when I first went to these things they were regular events, often held three or four times a year. You'd see the same faces, doing the same thing at them all.

It's *everywhere*- it's not off the radar, just ask any woman that works what workplace sexism is like and someone will have a story to tell you. This is part of a culture where all male clubs are still seen as OK- there are four or five I can think of in London- where women are paid less than men as a matter of course, where the structure of the very working day is designed for an old school nuclear family. Very, very few women are surprised by this. It may be a particularly jaw-dropping story, with the location and money and the *details*, but basically at the core it's same old same old. If you regard women as second class, this happens.

Yes. When I said radar, I mostly meant press radar. Well not even that exactly, since people that work for the press know the reality as well as anyone. Hmm I think I need a different word. Veneer. A cheap veneer was applied that game the flimsy impression that this stuff became unacceptable several decades ago at least. And a very large number of people knew about this facade, especially women who have never stopped suffering from this sort of shit.

Hmm I think I need a different word. Veneer. A cheap veneer was applied

try curtain?

gardinen-vorhang-zwischen-economy-passagiere-aus-business-class-auf-airbus-flugzeug-luft-handwerk-flugzeug-flugzeug-passagierflugzeug-fy6ekg.jpg

Well the veneer/facade/curtain had a legal component to reinforce its credentials but for some strange reason (sarcasm) the long arm of the law doesnt seem to have been a match for the long arm of the groper.

as i posted up yesterday, linking to the citizens advice bureau website, contracts can seek to abbreviate your statutory rights, but those that do are not enforceable. so i don't see how you could be prevented from reporting such.

sorry, just catching up, there's going to be more to come out of this then surely.

Working class men are sexist pests too. This is a man thing, not a class thing.

Having heard tales from blokes who work as bare bum waiters and such, it's an entitled cunt thing. Everyone loves sex, crosses both class and gender boundaries. More common with men I'm sure but if you put people in a crowd and they'll get up to all sorts.

The organisers employed hostesses when what they really wanted was prostitutes. They exploit the ambiguity. The men are told "no touching" but of course a blind eye is turned. The hostesses are told the men are just "annoying" yet are also told to wear the right colour underwear.

No. Consider this a warning. Both of you stop.
sorry, quite upset and angry about this, i was no where near as abusive, realised i was going on a bit and tried to cool it and stopped when trashy posted, I then get called a shit sniffer and told to get back in my box, again far more abusive
I've not continued it and asked for an apology with a thanks, and i've left it since as there clearly won't be an apology and don't want to disrupt the thread
please do not compare what i've posted with the vitriol and abuse i've received

sorry, quite upset and angry about this, i was no where near as abusive, realised i was going on a bit and tried to cool it and stopped when trashy posted, I then get called a shit sniffer and told to get back in my box, again far more abusive
I've not continued it and asked for an apology with a thanks, and i've left it since as there clearly won't be an apology and don't want to disrupt the thread
please do not compare what i've posted with the vitriol and abuse i've received
Yeah, but it's tipped over from discussing the issue to becoming a pure spat. Best leave it eh?

sorry, just catching up, there's going to be more to come out of this then surely.

May is now saying that the rules around non-disclosure agreements will be reviewed. No mention thus far of all the other nasty little tricks temp agencies use to mistreat and exploit their workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom