Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour de France 2023

DJWrongspeed

radio eros
Overall route here

Prompted to start this thread after watching TdF Unchained. Wout Van Aert emerged the biggest star.
What's everyone's predictions for GC?
1) Vingegaard (League of his own)
2) If everyone else crashes then Jai Hindley or Adam Yates.

Overall route here

Prompted to start this thread after watching TdF Unchained. Wout Van Aert emerged the biggest star.
What's everyone's predictions for GC?
2) If everyone else crashes then Jai Hindley or Adam Yates.

My mate's doing the etape the mad bastard.

Really enjoying Unchained.

1687119374344.png

Isn't Pog the unknown here? UAE looked pretty strong in the Dauphiné, albeit maybe behind Jumbo, and he surely will have learned from last year's mistakes.

Is Cav definitely going? If so expect a lot of talk about the stage record.

Watch bits of it every year - love France/French culture and have driven or been driven all over the place in the last 40 years. I've got vivid memories of being around 6 or 7 years old and the Tour going near/through St Malo. The Ricard team were staying in the hotel we were at and I got loads of cycling caps and autographs from the team. TdF Unchained has really got me into the whole thing again.

Is it still quite dirty?

Isn't Pog the unknown here? UAE looked pretty strong in the Dauphiné, albeit maybe behind Jumbo, and he surely will have learned from last year's mistakes.
Pog is indeed unknown but Jumbo have the better team and Vingegaard looks unstoppable.
From the Tour de Suisse UAE's Juan Ayuso is looking like a new potential GC rider.
I thought Gaudu had a chance after Paris Nice but is wildly inconsistent as is Carapaz this season.

Watched the Netflix tour thing. Was brilliant and Mlle Fire loved it too. She’s French but had no idea of the multi faceted layers of the race.

Bit harsh that they make the riders generate electricity for the team buses after the stage though.

Watched the Netflix tour thing. Was brilliant and Mlle Fire loved it too. She’s French but had no idea of the multi faceted layers of the race.

Bit harsh that they make the riders generate electricity for the team buses after the stage though.
I heard it was a bit of Jumbo love in. I'm not on Netflix right now so made do with 'Wolfpack' that followed Quickstep's (well basically Remo's) stellar 2022 season on Prime.

I heard it was a bit of Jumbo love in. I'm not on Netflix right now so made do with 'Wolfpack' that followed Quickstep's (well basically Remo's) stellar 2022 season on Prime.

I believe they had no access to UAE, they're doing their own thing or something.

Lefevere also comes out of it looking vaguely normal, which is clearly a misstep.

e2a: didn't know about the Amazon one, will have to have a look.

Madness or romantic. How about Biniam for an outside bet?

He's got as good a chance as many... Though the peloton is probably getting a better idea of his abilities, and anyone he's in a breakaway with is going to be wary if there's a sprintish finish. Actual sprint finishes he may well be in with a shout if things get chaotic and he's in a position to take advantage.

From what I've heard most of the other GC contenders regard Pog and Vinnie as way above anyone else. As such it could be a good scrap for third, assuming they both finish.

He's got as good a chance as many... Though the peloton is probably getting a better idea of his abilities, and anyone he's in a breakaway with is going to be wary if there's a sprintish finish. Actual sprint finishes he may well be in with a shout if things get chaotic and he's in a position to take advantage.
I fancy him to beat Van Aert in a reduced sprint unless they drag along Jasper Philipsen.
I'll watch the highlights the night he wins. Same for Cav and Alaphilippe.

From what I've heard most of the other GC contenders regard Pog and Vinnie as way above anyone else.

If you are a betting person you can currently make 10-11% above your stake if you think one of those two will win (by betting correct amounts on both).

You can get 6/5 (V) and 5/4 (P).

Guaranteed 10% profit if either win.

It's a certainty, surely? :hmm:

I'm a bit out of the loop.

Who's the leader for Tinkoff these days?

How are Deutsche Telekom doing?

If anyone were to go and watch the tour where would you go. Having seen stage starts, stages finishes etc. For me best value to pick a town that hosts the finish and then the start next day. This year at Mont Blanc sounds perfect.

It's raining, it looks like a slippery surface that's getting wet. I can't help feeling someone will be going down soon.

I believe they had no access to UAE, they're doing their own thing or something.

Lefevere also comes out of it looking vaguely normal, which is clearly a misstep.

e2a: didn't know about the Amazon one, will have to have a look.
The Wolfpack (Amazon) is alright but there's loads of Rob Hatch providing little insight in a very excitable way. Thankfully they got Contador to fill the gaps.
Remco is an interesting character - still seems to have the footballer mentality about him rather than the more chilled cycling personality. I like that.
Also lots of kudos for the likes of Pieter Serry who comes out of it as a top dude.

Reactions: Cid
It was always going to e a stretch to make it to Bilbao in time for presentation and an hour delayed flight made it an impossibility. Staying in Saint Jean du Luz, so heading for Gernika on saturday, as race passes through twice over space of a couple of hours. Sunday will be in Saint Sebastian and on monday it passes about 100yards away from villa we've rented for 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom