Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Congratulations also due to England's travelling fans who help keep home associations in profit for Test series, support the team and ensure that home teams are never truly playing in a home atmosphere.

And bollocks to those on here and elsewhere who whinge about them. They're great

Going on an Ashes tour would be about the only thing that would ever drag me to Australia. Maybe one for retirement or lottery win.

Going on an Ashes tour would be about the only thing that would ever drag me to Australia. Maybe one for retirement or lottery win.

everyone i know whose been has said its great.

know someone who has been to the first two tests and is on their way home tomorrow. can't wait to catch up with them, what a trip.

While we're on the subject...

well, i think that's probably a true statement but nope.. i read english press tho. which has spent the last few weeks claiming that the aussies are past it and england's gonna trounce em. lol.

I note that the Australian press is speculating on Haddin batting six in Perth to accommodate an extra bowler. This is what happens when teams become desperate, they imagine extra bowlers will somehow conjure up more wickets

Expect result pitches now they need them. Of course, result pitches mean that the better side is more likely to win. That's England by the way

The hubris!

I've been watching England too long to rest on any Laurels. I won't turn on the supporter cruise control unless we win in Perth by a margin :D

Australia's best chance is probably the fifth Test, when the Ashes are secure and England just phone it in.

except Sydney has always been the one most suited for the spinners and we have the greatest living Englishman, Graeme Swann, for that. I really hope we break them completely, after Adelaide I want 4-0. Do what they did to us for so many years - boot on throat and kick them repeatedly in the bollocks until the very end. Then smile, shake hands and go home with the Ashes. No pity, no let up, no 'oh isn't it a shame they're not what they were'. Just keep kicking them when they're down.

The hubris!

I've been watching England too long to rest on any Laurels. I won't turn on the supporter cruise control unless we win in Perth by a margin :D

hubris my arse, it's the evidence of two Tests and the last six months of Australian cricket.

except Sydney has always been the one most suited for the spinners and we have the greatest living Englishman, Graeme Swann, for that. I really hope we break them completely, after Adelaide I want 4-0. Do what they did to us for so many years - boot on throat and kick them repeatedly in the bollocks until the very end. Then smile, shake hands and go home with the Ashes. No pity, no let up, no 'oh isn't it a shame they're not what they were'. Just keep kicking them when they're down.

100% this.

oh and supporter hubris is OK because the team and coaching staff are not suffering from it. Which is why, as the better side, we will win comfortably. Because they won't rest on their laurels and there's enough of them who were part of the 5-0 to want hefty revenge and know how to exact it now.

Notable for this test series has been the exemplary preparation. So much better than last time round, with nothing left to chance.

I find it a bit depressing in some ways. Are we going to be the only country who plays competitive test cricket in a few years?
You think the country that produced Waugh, Warne, Border, Lillee, Bradman, McGrath and the list goes on is a spent force?

The Aussies get bigger crowds for tests in places like Sydney than any premiership team.

The Aussies get bigger crowds for tests in places like Sydney than any premiership team.

given that you can only fit 46,000 into the SCG and man united (among others) regularly get crowds in excess of 50, 60, 70k+, i think you might be wrong on that one

I think we should bring in Micheal Klinger for Katitch and Steve Smith for Doherty.Couple of names for you to look up.

Shane's being cheeky in the British press today saying 'he's flattered' to be mentioned as a returner, he wants Michael Beer though. Or possibly just wants a beer.

Back
Top Bottom