Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

If he doesn't, he'll be dropped for good anyway. Average 15 in the last 10 tests – it couldn't go on. He got out to an awful shot today, and at a time when England were still 60 behind. He is no longer a man for the pressure situation, I'm afraid.

that was hardly a pressure situation

Do you think he did that for the benefit of the cameras, having already worked out his intention to call for a review in the hope of deceiving the umpires by the time he'd walked a few feet?

Quite possibly, yes. It's what I'd do if I wanted to fool the umpire, and he's well used to the idea that the cameras can pick up everything he says.

In fact, given that Aleem Dar was within earshot, that is the only thing he could possibly say. Sod the cameras, the umpire was the one to worry about.

According to the Sky commentators, the first thing he said to Prior was 'I don't think I hit that' (or equivalent). Do you think he did that for the benefit of the cameras, having already worked out his intention to call for a review in the hope of deceiving the umpires by the time he'd walked a few feet?

I think he deliberately feathered a catch behind, mimiced surprise at being given out, referred it in the knowledge that it wouldn't show up and scored a century for the ultimate sledge

Quite possibly, yes. It's what I'd do, and he's well used to the idea that the cameras can pick up everything he says.

Do you reckon Prior knew that was the plan and gave him fake advice to ask for a review? Perhaps Bell used a code word to signal that this was all a farce played for the cameras.

Anway. England declaration? Can't see the point myself. The series win is an absolute priority, so might as well ensure there isn't even a theoretical chance of Australia snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat.

Anway. England declaration? Can't see the point myself. The series win is an absolute priority, so might as well ensure there isn't even a theoretical chance of Australia snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat.

Can't think of a run/wicket/time combination that would help force a win? Keep batting, more runs, still enough sessions to bowl them out.. versus letting them back in the game

No need whatsoever. Just bat. Then, when we've finished, we win

The only way Oz would win is to finish off England for nothing right now, and then get bowled out for about 400 and bowl England out again in two sessions chasing what looked like an easy target.

Evening penni :cool:

As you were - substandard filthy bowling and England building a platform for victory by an innings. Same old same old

Quintuple Nelson! :D

you know this is almost more than unbelievable to someone like me who's watched England struggle, throw it away, never get started or just plain die so many times - either they really have improved or the Aussies are now unbelievably bad.

I feel my daughter and I could bowl almost as well as this :D

Back
Top Bottom