Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Missed that having a gloating read of comments on Oz sites. Will have to watch the replay. Prior next for century then!

Hard to see what he light's like on this crappy web stream, but looks like that's it for the day

didn't watch the last session, but when I turned in, Bell was looking magisterial, glad he made good and got a ton. Bat all first session tomorrow to really rub the aussies noses in it. Pitch was playing pretty benignly today, but you just can't see this Aussie team posting any massive totals.

If we're still batting at lunch, that could be a 300+ lead. Then 150 overs left in the match to bowl Australia out

250 lead easily within their grasp 300 possible but even if aussie could get any where near 450 /500 there's not enough time .3-1 on the cards

OK, I'll be first to defend Ian Bell - I honestly think from his discussion with Prior before reviewing that he must have heard a noise but not actually felt anything hit the bat. I don't think he deserves being called a cheat (which some will) and he's within his rights to review such an extremely marginal call. Not in the same league as the Hughes 'catch'

Great night's cricket again. Smith and Beer? Are they really the best spinners Australia has to offer? Absolute shite!

Hussey and Siddle are the only two players from Australia I would have in my side - the rest are crap.

If you had to pick a team from the players we've seen in this series, it would basically be England but with Hussey instead of Colly.

anyone see this in the SA vs India match yesterday? ball absolutely whacks the stumps but the bails don't come off.

Apologies for the deluge of Ally Cook related stats but his series really has been remarkable. He's still a couple of hours off Mark Taylor's all time record for length of time batted in a series (1989 Ashes) but Taylor had 11 innings on that tour. Cook is currently only batting for the seventh time in Tests on this tour.
Christ, Imagine the runs he'd have got if Australia had enough batsman to make him do a full 5 days work!:eek::D

Just seen the Bell incident, i always wonder why they use the hot spot but not that other thing that i've forgotten the name of that showed he was out. Not that i'm complaining in this case, serves Aussies right for cheating earlier!

Just seen the Bell incident, i always wonder why they use the hot spot but not that other thing that i've forgotten the name of that showed he was out. Not that i'm complaining in this case, serves Aussies right for cheating earlier!

Hot spot is instant but there's a delay getting snicko, so for speed they don't use it other than on the telly

Great night's cricket again. Smith and Beer? Are they really the best spinners Australia has to offer? Absolute shite!

Hussey and Siddle are the only two players from Australia I would have in my side - the rest are crap.

thought Beer was alright. Bowled with discipline was just led down by loose stuff at the other end. He's not terribly penetrative, but the Aussies have got to stop searching for the new Warne anyway. Work with what they've got...

Cook has batted for 36 hours in this series, or the equivalent of six days of Test cricket. And on the seventh day he shall rest.

Stole that off the Guardian.

Prior, better glovework and we don't need someone at No 7 to dig us out of a hole (unless we're playing in perth). don't even agree with Idaho re; siddle, I'd take opur seamers, all of 'em, over siddle.

Currently I would also take all of ours over Siddle, but I think he's the best of theirs in terms of commitment and determination.

Is anyone else out there also starting to feel amorous stirrings whenever they see Cook batting? I'm as straight as a di, but I might make an exception for him.

Another one for Santino's log - a little more nuanced this time:

As we all know, in terms of audiences, earnings and bureaucratic power, the locus of the game moved some years ago to the Indian subcontinent, where cricket's potential as a vehicle for corruption has already been well demonstrated. The celebration of the traditional Australia-England rivalry jars with the realities of cricket in the modern era.

Humiliating defeat is good and healthy, a sign of psychological well-being:

Like England and Australia, the king and Logue share the bonds of friendship. Tellingly, it is the Englishman who is held back by the weight of his past, not the Australian.

Back
Top Bottom