Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Single mums ‘should not be acceptable’ says Shaun Bailey, Tory Mayor of London candidate

There's not many London Tory MPs who actually could or would stand. Boris has already done it, Zac lost last time, IDS will lose his seat next time anyway and doesn't want the job - it pretty much boils down to Greening, Blackman and Stewart.
I note that "Bailey" does not appear amongst that list of surnames...?

I was doing faux-Tory for bitter comic effect.

If Stewart Lee did it it'd be funny.

Stewart Lee uses language very carefully, and avoids outright slurs even when being deliberately provocative. Whether that's because he's actually got some decency about him or because he knows just how far he can push the sensibilities of his particular audience demographic and still make money, who knows.

In any case, you're not Stewart Lee and satire is not a good excuse for using that word.

Stewart Lee uses language very carefully, and avoids outright slurs even when being deliberately provocative. Whether that's because he's actually got some decency about him or because he knows just how far he can push the sensibilities of his particular audience demographic and still make money, who knows.

In any case, you're not Stewart Lee and satire is not a good excuse for using that word.

Mr. Lee tends not - so far as we know- to post on largely anonymous boards.

I will use precisely the words I like, and need not seek your approval.

"Whore" is a very Tory concept, richly woven in to their social policy and personal attitude, and it's appropriate to attribute that word to their awful agenda any old time.

This is so regardless of the way it may make your lips purse.

When's the mayoral election been pushed back to? Surely the tories have time to switch horses, this fuckwit is a liability even by their standards. He's a liability by UKIP standards ffs.

When's the mayoral election been pushed back to? Surely the tories have time to switch horses, this fuckwit is a liability even by their standards. He's a liability by UKIP standards ffs.
It's a year late in May '21.

Seems they're sticking with the thick, racist, misogynist....appropriately enough.

They really don't have anyone better to replace Bailey, which is how they ended up with him in the first place.

Isn't Khan something like 20 points ahead in the polls? Presumably Bailey is trying to whip up the extremist vote ala Trumpy style.

Isn't Khan something like 20 points ahead in the polls? Presumably Bailey is trying to whip up the extremist vote ala Trumpy style.
This is stuff is just coming from some communications team, it's not going to be his idea - he just fronts the campaign and says what he's told.

Personally I think they know they haven't got a hope of winning the mayoral election and they're just using it as part of the Tories' constant attacks on Khan. Every part of it is directly about him. I think they think it will help get them support for their attempts to move his power more towards central government e.g. with TfL.

They’re so fucking shallow; they wanted to exorcise Goldsmith’s racist Crosby campaign and a BAME candidate, any BAME candidate would do. They just chose a thick, racist one.
They’re so fucking useless.
He’s also an experienced candidate for them and I assume they view London as us winnable at the moment so there wouldn’t have been a long queue of candidates. Bailey always plays on the fact he was brought up in a council home and he’s a youth worker. When he stood as parliamentary candidate in Hammersmith and Fulham they were expecting to win. He’s a little bit like Norman (get on your bike and look for work ) tebbit. He was always cracking on about his working class origins. I imagine they had him earmarked for a seat to boost their working class credentials. Khan is infinitely preferable to this Fukka, not that he’ll need the ‘anyone but’ vote to comfortably hold on to the mayoralty.

He’s also an experienced candidate for them and I assume they view London as us winnable at the moment so there wouldn’t have been a long queue of candidates. Bailey always plays on the fact he was brought up in a council home and he’s a youth worker. When he stood as parliamentary candidate in Hammersmith and Fulham they were expecting to win. He’s a little bit like Norman (get on your bike and look for work ) tebbit. He was always cracking on about his working class origins. I imagine they had him earmarked for a seat to boost their working class credentials. Khan is infinitely preferable to this Fukka, not that he’ll need the ‘anyone but’ vote to comfortably hold on to the mayoralty.
Not sure about this (though one can never overestimate dimness). They put very little effort in IIRC - barely saw them in Shepherds Bush - and it's also a very safe Labour seat, with a good, popular, constituency MP. He might have thought he had a chance but nobody else did.

Off topic, is Stewart Lees act that of somebody pretending to be somebody pretending to be a Tory? I can honestly never tell, even when he explains the jokes🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom