Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Single mums ‘should not be acceptable’ says Shaun Bailey, Tory Mayor of London candidate

I might wonder whether this Shaun Bailey, given that he seems so much to be detested, might just be a shadow and a deflection, such that the Tories might later say "Ooh, what a bad chap he is. Never mind. Ditch that one. We have a new candidate."

Thereby distancing themselves from all that Shaun whatsit ever did and being able to shout from from the rooftops and all along the streets - "Look. New Tory! Ever so good!

Sounds daft. But.

We are good Tories now. We got rid of that bad unpleasant one. Obviously that means we can be trusted.

I might wonder whether this Shaun Bailey, given that he seems so much to be detested, might just be a shadow and a deflection, such that the Tories might later say "Ooh, what a bad chap he is. Never mind. Ditch that one. We have a new candidate."

Thereby distancing themselves from all that Shaun whatsit ever did and being able to shout from from the rooftops and all along the streets - "Look. New Tory! Ever so good!

Sounds daft. But.

We are good Tories now. We got rid of that bad unpleasant one. Obviously that means we can be trusted.
Ihmm.... I'm intrigued.
What you might call the 'Deliberate Archer' gambit!

Sounds daft. But.

I think you're crediting them with too much intelligence etc.

Apart from his various dodgy comments, all I can see about this guy is he's stood and lost as a parliamentary candidate a couple of times. The other options for the candidacy were similar. Tories are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

I think you're crediting them with too much intelligence etc.

Apart from his various dodgy comments, all I can see about this guy is he's stood and lost as a parliamentary candidate a couple of times. The other options for the candidacy were similar. Tories are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.
London Assembly member though. Also on the receiving end of some fairly pithy comments from Emma Dent Coad.

Typing an I instead of a U thirteen years ago is hardly crime of the century, especially as they are next to each other on the keyboard. It is the Guardian though so their spade handle probably broke there and they called it a day.
This is a bit baffling, could you elaborate a bit.

This is a bit baffling, could you elaborate a bit.

The Guardian said "Bailey also appeared to confuse Hindi speakers with the Hindu religion" and they quote him "they’ve been having Muslim and Hindi days off".

The Guardian is arguing that he should have written "they’ve been having Muslim and Hindu days off", and the fact he used the letter I instead of U shows he is ignorant as to the difference between the two words. However, a more likely explanation, given that the I and U are adjacent on a keyboard, is that it was simply a mistake.

The fact that the Guardian highlighted this as evidence of his deplorable attitude to multiculturalism, either shows there are no more serious failings with which they could pad out the article, or that they simply couldn't be bothered to continue investigating his past utterances and uncover them.

The Guardian said "Bailey also appeared to confuse Hindi speakers with the Hindu religion" and they quote him "they’ve been having Muslim and Hindi days off".

The Guardian is arguing that he should have written "they’ve been having Muslim and Hindu days off", and the fact he used the letter I instead of U shows he is ignorant as to the difference between the two words. However, a more likely explanation, given that the I and U are adjacent on a keyboard, is that it was simply a mistake.

The fact that the Guardian highlighted this as evidence of his deplorable attitude to multiculturalism, either shows there are no more serious failings with which they could pad out the article, or that they simply couldn't be bothered to continue investigating his past utterances and uncover them.
It was a formally published paper.
Not only did Bailey fuck up his racist tosh, but so did the editor etc.

That makes so much more sense now, thank you

thanks, that makes more sense, but it was meant to be a formally published paper. You have time to check those things

Isn’t this crass twat disguising a true message that -without in any way disparaging one parent families- two loving parents is a Good Thing if you can swing it?

Isn’t this crass twat disguising a true message that -without in any way disparaging one parent families- two loving parents is a Good Thing if you can swing it?

The Italian fash are pushing for legislation along these lines, under which children of mothers who refused to share custody, even with violent or abusive fathers, could be taken away by the state. Family values.

You reckon? :hmm:

It appears to me that the tories have basically had a look at the clusterfuck which was Goldsmith's campaign last time out and decided being obviously racist wasn't appealing to voters. To counter it this time they've fielded a black candidate just so they can't be accused of the same again. It really appears to be that wafer thin.

Either that or they know they've lost London anyway and they're having a giggle.

It appears to me that the tories have basically had a look at the clusterfuck which was Goldsmith's campaign last time out and decided being obviously racist wasn't appealing to voters. To counter it this time they've fielded a black candidate just so they can't be accused of the same again. It really appears to be that wafer thin.

Either that or they know they've lost London anyway and they're having a giggle.
I don't think their sense of humour is that well-developed.

Back
Top Bottom