Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russian Long Range Bombers disrupt UK airspace

It's long been established that the cold war's coolest nuclear bomber was the Vulcan.

article-1315717-0B5C0749000005DC-984_634x359.jpg

I like the Vulcan too, but for futuristic looks it's beaten by the Victor

victor.jpg

My father was Vulcan aircrew in the days before the dodgy camo. The noise they made on take off was mind-blowing. I was a little kid then but still have nightmares about the Cold War turning hot.

It's long been established that the cold war's coolest nuclear bomber was the Vulcan.

article-1315717-0B5C0749000005DC-984_634x359.jpg
She's a beauty!

When I was trying to get a commission in the RAF, had I been accepted, I'd have been in these. They used to fly out of Scampton and over our house. Those were the days, Lightnings at Binbrook, Vulcans at Scampton and Waddington. I was once not far off the runway at Waddington when three were put up in a hurry, amazing noise! The ground shook.

images

Last edited:
Ha! If that's what they promised you, you would almost certainly have ended up flying Gazelles in Belize or something.
My selection went wrong because I turned up one day late, in clothes I'd been wearing night and day for about three days while on a bender. Probably wouldn't have been the best aircrew at that time I did a lot of heavy drinking.

They've been at it again in the last few days, and this time there is footage from inside the Bear filming the UK Typhoons, released by the Russian Defence Ministry apparently

Similar route to last time (minus the stroll along the Channel) with transponders off.

Reported to be the HF communications between one of the bombers and mother Russia:

this time there is footage from inside the Bear filming the UK Typhoons, released by the Russian Defence Ministry apparently

That's quite possibly from the earlier 29 Jan outing as there is footage of a French Mirage mixed in there (0:52-1:03).

Similar route to last time (minus the stroll along the Channel) with transponders off.

Reported to be the HF communications between one of the bombers and mother Russia:

Interesting. Has anyone done a translation yet?

I bet it's probably quite dull anyway...

Back
Top Bottom