Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

There's a company based very nearby that does handcuff restraint training courses. :hmm:

I'm still going with she fell in the river though.

Last edited:
Going solely on material in the press and on social media the likely locus of the abduction if abduction it was is easily overlooked from a number of vantage points.This seems to have been a woman fit and strong with a dog and connected to a conference call.The putative perpetrator either took a desperate chance or this thing involved Moriarty levels of pre-planning.I reckon

I still think an abduction is far-fetched. To avoid all the cameras and keep to CCTV, ring doorbell and dashcam blackspots, while smuggling away a person from an area frequented by walkers takes meticulous planning plus extraordinary good luck. Two separate people arrived from different directions shortly after 9:30 and found her phone and dog, and someone else saw her at 9:10. A person planning an abduction wouldn't have been able to guarantee the movements and timing of these witnesses in advance, so would have had to have been meticulous and reckless to get her to a vehicle undetected.

I think it's far more likely that they missed her body in the water, either passing it by or failing to get ahead of it as it went downstream. She would have stopped at that bench to re-harness the dog before leaving the field. A very steep bank with the harness left on the ground and the phone on the bench all fits with her falling into the river while trying to sort the dog out.

I still think an abduction is far-fetched. To avoid all the cameras and keep to CCTV, ring doorbell and dashcam blackspots, while smuggling away a person from an area frequented by walkers takes meticulous planning plus extraordinary good luck. Two separate people arrived from different directions shortly after 9:30 and found her phone and dog, and someone else saw her at 9:10. A person planning an abduction wouldn't have been able to guarantee the movements and timing of these witnesses in advance, so would have had to have been meticulous and reckless to get her to a vehicle undetected.

I think it's far more likely that they missed her body in the water, either passing it by or failing to get ahead of it as it went downstream. She would have stopped at that bench to re-harness the dog before leaving the field. A very steep bank with the harness left on the ground and the phone on the bench all fits with her falling into the river while trying to sort the dog out.
And that's your professional opinion, constable?

The little girl Micki mentioned earlier did occur to me as well - it just seemed to unlikely that it was a stranger killing, but it definitely was.

Weird things do happen. Hopefully the weird thing here is a woman falling into a low-flowing river and being swept away, but it's looking less likely.

I clicked onto one of the Twitter links about it earlier and everyone is convinced it was the husband/partner (they even think "husband/partner" is a warning sign). Things like looking around while being asked questions. If I ever went missing my daughter would basically be the killer, in their view. Hell, if she went missing I'd be well aware that, if I'm tired and attempt a polite smile, that makes me look like I hate you and want to kill you.

It's not like TV and movies where, if they show those expressions, it's for a reason.

The little girl Micki mentioned earlier did occur to me as well - it just seemed to unlikely that it was a stranger killing, but it definitely was.

Weird things do happen. Hopefully the weird thing here is a woman falling into a low-flowing river and being swept away, but it's looking less likely.

I clicked onto one of the Twitter links about it earlier and everyone is convinced it was the husband/partner (they even think "husband/partner" is a warning sign). Things like looking around while being asked questions. If I ever went missing my daughter would basically be the killer, in their view. Hell, if she went missing I'd be well aware that, if I'm tired and attempt a polite smile, that makes me look like I hate you and want to kill you.

It's not like TV and movies where, if they show those expressions, it's for a reason.
It's only ill-informed hard-of-thinking people who imagine he had anything to do with it. People who play amateur psychologists and attempt to analyse him by his demeanour are the worst.

Today I sat in stunned silence while colleagues guessed/determined/decided that Nicola has 'done a canoe man' and is now living overseas while the search dies down and then the family will take the money and fly to meet her.

I thought they were perhaps taking the piss. They were not.

Today I sat in stunned silence while colleagues guessed/determined/decided that Nicola has 'done a canoe man' and is now living overseas while the search dies down and then the family will take the money and fly to meet her.

It doesn't take much for someone to arrive at that conclusion though. All they have to do is believe the diving bloke when he says she didn't go in the river, and believe the police when they say they're not treating it as a crime. It might seem more unlikely than drowning or abduction, but it's not batshit.

It doesn't take much for someone to arrive at that conclusion though. All they have to do is believe the diving bloke when he says she didn't go in the river, and believe the police when they say they're not treating it as a crime. It might seem more unlikely than drowning or abduction, but it's not batshit.

They'd also have to believe that "doing a canoe man" is not a crime, when canoe man was sentenced to 6 years for fraud.

If only they were right ☹️

The local parish council has removed contact details

He said it would "not tolerate" abuse of elected members. Lancashire Police said it was "looking into" the matter.
Well, the Lancashire force must be relieved to now be in a position to use their skills on some familiar crimes. People being nasty to Parish Councillors should obviously be prioritised in the circumstances.

Last edited:

There's no way she paddled a canoe to Panama in that full length coat.

It would explain a few things if this was a Reggie Perrin type thing and I am sure we would all like to believe that.Also gives rise to a few problems.She would have been canoeing upstream which is hard work she would have been seen from the riverpath by someone who would have asked her what she was doing.the dog would have followed along the bank barking at her she would have had to get the canoe onto the roof of her waiting car or otherwise conceal it.Its a lot of work.It is to be hoped that one of the very first things Lancs police do/have done is to obtain the necessary warrants to go through family finances with a fine toothcomb.

she'd never have got over the weir :rolleyes:

not a successful plan if she was hoping to disappear off anonymously not to be found again

eta: well successful so far

Back
Top Bottom