Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Needle spiking' in UK nightclubs wtf?

"Police said the arrests were not linked to a specific report by an individual of an alleged spiking by needle, or contamination of a drink."

So no idea wtf is going on.
I dunno if the article has changed since it broke (does that happen? I think it does?)

Now says

"They were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to administer poison with intent to injure, annoy or aggrieve following information received by police on Wednesday."

And your quote has vanished.

Also below that

"A 20-year-old man, arrested earlier this week as part of the investigation, has been released on bail.
Earlier, Lincolnshire Police said it had arrested a 35-year-old man in the early hours of Friday in connection with an attempted drink-spiking at a Lincoln nightclub.
The suspected offence "doesn't involve a needle", the force said."

I'm wondering what I would actually do if 3 sheets to the wind and felt someone injecting me. Because I'm not sure my first thought would be "some fucker is injecting me!" and my reaction could well be slow and not much to write home about.

"They were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to administer poison with intent to injure, annoy or aggrieve following information received by police on Wednesday."

And your quote has vanished.

Also below that

"A 20-year-old man, arrested earlier this week as part of the investigation, has been released on bail.
Earlier, Lincolnshire Police said it had arrested a 35-year-old man in the early hours of Friday in connection with an attempted drink-spiking at a Lincoln nightclub.
The suspected offence "doesn't involve a needle", the force said."

That could have been something like 2 people boasting or joking about going to do it on social media. The later sounds much more like they arrested someone possibly trying to spike a drink.

Expect they're under pressure for arrests.

That could have been something like 2 people boasting or joking about going to do it on social media. The later sounds much more like they arrested someone possibly trying to spike a drink.

Expect they're under pressure for arrests.
Aye I ken it's vague, was just updating the thread really.

I don't know what to make of it all, remembering that panic about the hoax re the cartoon thing that was seemingly telling kids to kill themselves on YouTube... anyway I mind asking my son once if he'd seen it and he said no. Parents had been stirring this up on fb and the kids knew nothing about it...... skip to 24 hrs later he's coming home from school with his friend freaking out about it and the teacher had told them it wasn't safe to go on YouTube. The teacher emailed me saying this as well. First thing I did was sit the pair in front of the laptop and showed them that they controlled what they saw on there and it didn't control them, told them to shut the window if they saw something they didn't like and tell an adult. I was really pissed off at the school for this tbh.

Anyway the police confirmed it was a hoax the next day but parents were still telling me "my daughter was watching this thing on YouTube and it just flew up on the screen!"
Whole thing stirred up by adults and freaked kids out for no reason.

So aye in short familiar with how a story can suddenly spread like wildfire, but at the same time I would tread carefully with something as serious as this. Time will tell.

Don’t want to link to the DM but it seems that toxicology tests on 3 women in Exeter have come up negative for any drugs.

This is a report about a study during the last drink spiking media panic about 10 years ago which suggests that actual drink spiking is very rare to non-existent.
Which can only be a good thing, although the article is a little sanctimonious.

AFAIK drink spiking is done overwhelmingly with alcohol.

This is a report about a study during the last drink spiking media panic about 10 years ago which suggests that actual drink spiking is very rare to non-existent.

Although of course this evil cunt certainly spiked and raped hundreds, albeit when already back at his flat and he was preparing the drinks himself

I've had my drink spiked. I posted on here about it the DF at the time. I don't know what I was spiked with but I was drinking soft drinks at the time. I was at a party with a lot of people I knew, although I didn't know everyone. I reported it to the host who strongly denied anyone at the party would do such a thing (' it was all people we knew' he said).

As I am on meds whoever did it was incredibly reckless, I got off lightly.

Oh dear god. Do you need the structural misogyny of the medical profession explained?

Let’s look at that study. One third of the woman had not been drinking heavily, and 80% had not taken recreational drugs. However, of the 20% who had, none of them disclosed this to the doctors, despite being scared enough about being spiked to attend A&E. The study seems to think this is a gotcha. It doesn’t consider that they might have been spiked with recreational drugs.

One third had not been drinking heavily. A third. And yet still felt unwell enough to seek help. No explanation given here.

Everything boils down to the data that 75 people went to A&E after thinking they’d been spiked, and they didn’t test positive at that time for ghb, rohypnol, or ket.

It’s not evidence that they wouldn’t have tested positive had they attended earlier. It’s not evidence that they weren’t drugged with something the blood tests didn’t screen for, and it suggests that there aren’t many more victims at home not going to A&E because they feel too ill to sit for hours/they aren’t sure wtf happened or they just want to forget.

I find it interesting that the Manchester drug rapist is mentioned. Almost all his victims didn’t know they’d been raped, or felt unhappy with what had happened but not enough to seek help.

By the way, the PUA side of the manosphere has a large number of people sharing drug rape tips and accounts. Perhaps if your default is not to believe women, you’ll believe the men doing it.

By the way, the PUA side of the manosphere has a large number of people sharing drug rape tips and accounts. Perhaps if your default is not to believe women, you’ll believe the men doing it.

Is that an actual PUA thing? I thought those guys were mostly about trying to get laid by wearing Fedoras and whatnot. :(

I read and watched some stuff about these guys a pretty long time ago. Sure there were always darker sides a couple of clicks away, but this (rape scenarios etc) is a bit more than I appreciated.

I used to spend a lot of time in Berlin. I done a lot of partying and clubbing when I was there. Rohypnol was very popular over there as an ‘off switch’ when you wanted to call it a night. And they worked a treat. Loads of my mates had them. When I explained the reputation this drug had back in the UK they were all surprised. And it made me realise that our media were more than likely to blame for spreading that fear campaign and probably putting the idea into a lot of men’s heads who wouldn’t have known about its potential as a date rape drug.

I used to spend a lot of time in Berlin. I done a lot of partying and clubbing when I was there. Rohypnol was very popular over there as an ‘off switch’ when you wanted to call it a night. And they worked a treat. Loads of my mates had them. When I explained the reputation this drug had back in the UK they were all surprised. And it made me realise that our media were more than likely to blame for spreading that fear campaign and probably putting the idea into a lot of men’s heads who wouldn’t have known about its potential as a date rape drug.
The blame for spiking people lies purely and solely with the people doing the spiking FFS.

The blame for spiking people lies purely and solely with the people doing the spiking FFS.

Of course it is. It’s a truly horrific thing to do to someone. My point being is I suspect the UK media actually educated a lot of people how to commit this crime so they are not innocent either.

The fact Rohypnol had a reputation as a date rape drug in the UK but didn’t in Germany (well Berlin) was for a reason.

Is that an actual PUA thing? I thought those guys were mostly about trying to get laid by wearing Fedoras and whatnot. :(

Its like layers of an onion - the deeper you go, the worse it gets. In fact some of the very worst of them were calling themselves "lairs" the last time I looked.

And years before the PUA/Manosphere stuff became a thing, there were "rape" groups out there - most were obviously sick fantasy but some did have a disturbing level of authenticity/determination about them.

Its like layers of an onion - the deeper you go, the worse it gets. In fact some of the very worst of them were calling themselves "lairs" the last time I looked.

I think the term “lair” has been around for a bit and I originally saw it used in terms of a group shag pad to bring people back to. Sleazy, but nothing non-consenual in the cases I knew if (well, wasn’t meant to be).

This is going back to when the book “The Game” was recommeneded to me (about 2006, I think)…

Also some spiking drugs rapidly leave the human body so if you feel unwell enough to attend A&E the next day, it's probably already too late for the drug to be detected before you sit down to wait a few hours.

I was referencing a report which is completely relevant to the topic at hand.

I didn't write the report, but you are having a pop at me by proxy.

Still, I understand the rules- a spiteful pile on is to be taken with good grace

Back
Top Bottom