Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ministers target July 4th for reopening of England’s pubs and restaurants

Chastised by lbj and killer b on what humour is. Kanye running for president. It's not even eleven and Sunday couldn't amuse me more
Just own it man. If you're going to dig someone out - even before breakfast - expect a response. Don't hide behind 'it was only a joke!'

I wonder if photographers will use angles to illustrate the piles of coffins that I fear are going to be evident in the near future.
Coffins aren't as newsworthy as big crowds of pissed-up people.

But I reckon if the camera was held quite near the bottom of the pile of coffins, and especially if there was a particularly apocalyptic sky above, you could get some impressive pictures out of it :)

It's going to be unbarable isn't it?

This thread I mean.

People sharing the sensationlist media contextless stories of crowded pubs, streets. Like every where is the same. Spread a bit more fear an dpanic. When that second wave comes, you can say I told you so. And if it's not a wave, a spike in Barnsley or Bournemouth will suffice to prove you right.

Just a bit fed up of all this TBH. How's it helping.

Should probably log off for a bit...

It's going to be unbarable isn't it?

This thread I mean.

People sharing the sensationlist media contextless stories of crowded pubs, streets. Like every where is the same. Spread a bit more fear an dpanic. When that second wave comes, you can say I told you so. And if it's not a wave, a spike in Barnsley or Bournemouth will suffice to prove you right.

Just a bit fed up of all this TBH. How's it helping.

Should probably log off for a bit...
Everybody knows there will be a second wave so no one will get kudos for saying 'i told you so'

I've not been to the pub yet but I think the prices are going to be the biggest shock. Been used to drinking in the park, quaffing excellent wine for less than the price of blossom hill in the pub.
My bank account has been looking quite healthy for the last couple of months and yesterday I realised why. Two of us had 3 drinks each and spent a little over 40 quid in the pub. Normally we'd do that several times a week and consider it normal running expenses but now, after not doing that and not really missing it for three months, I reckon we might wind it in a bit in future.

My bank account has been looking quite healthy for the last couple of months and yesterday I realised why. Two of us had 3 drinks each and spent a little over 40 quid in the pub. Normally we'd do that several times a week and consider it normal running expenses but now, after not doing that and not really missing it for three months, I reckon we might wind it in a bit in future.
Aye, I've been lucky enough to have been on full pay throughout (albeit for doing more!) and just a couple of coffees a day and the odd breakfast or lunch at college not being an outgoing has been noticeable.

Frau Bahn and I had three Stellas each, kids had three cokes between them, couple of bags of crisps, north of forty quid. The past few Sundays we have met up with friends in the park in town, buy 12 pint cans of Stella for 15 quid and spend the whole afternoon getting pleasantly sozzled. Plus with the pub being so alien, not sure we’ll be rushing back.

Frau Bahn and I had three Stellas each, kids had three cokes between them, couple of bags of crisps, north of forty quid. The past few Sundays we have met up with friends in the park in town, buy 12 pint cans of Stella for 15 quid and spend the whole afternoon getting pleasantly sozzled. Plus with the pub being so alien, not sure we’ll be rushing back.
People have been forced to experience a different way of life over the last few months without pubs. The realisation that a couple of bottles of plonk or a few cans in the park can be just as enjoyable and several orders of magnitude cheaper than going to a boozer is probably going to change a lot of folk's drinking habits, at least in the summer.

People have been forced to experience a different way of life over the last few months without pubs. The realisation that a couple of bottles of plonk in the park can be just as enjoyable and several orders of magnitude cheaper than going to a boozer is probably going to change a lot of folk's drinking habits, at least in the summer.

It’s the social value of pubs that people have missed. Sat at home, or in a park, isn’t the same. Sneerers mocking people for ordering Carling/Fosters miss the point entirely.

Just for the record I reckon opening the pubs could cause a rise in cases - but if it does, it'll be because meeting and spending time with people inside buildings massively increases the infection risk, not because some people got pissed in the street in Soho
It’s a great pity there isn’t the same pouring of outrage at those workplaces in Leicester and no doubt elsewhere that are contributing to local spikes due to unsafe working practices.

Back
Top Bottom